IMG_6287.jpeg
    443.8 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_1968.jpeg
    IMG_1968.jpeg
    149.9 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1787.jpeg
    IMG_1787.jpeg
    100.3 KB · Views: 37
I actually use a 40" 4K TV as my main monitor with the iMac screen as a second. I have an older non Hi Def 30" (2560x1600) Apple Screen as a 3rd off to the side for email and stuff like that.

My work computer is similar. Same model 4K TV (40"), a 32" 4K monitor, and the some wide screen but in portrait mode on the side for Slack and Email. It is in portrait mode as that is all that would fit. Previously I had a laptop there and that was the Slack screen but when the laptop was replaced with a small table top I had to get another screen :)
40 in that close, you’ll burn your eyeballs lol, this was l Iike 4 years ago pre latest make over to east lounge, that would have been the 42in tv now in dining room replaced by a 50in screen which is about the limited the other half looked at a 60 in before I pointed out fitting it in would be a pain, nowadays we use the 50in tv screen with our iPads,and yesterday I was trying to remember how to use my Mac because I needed to use a government site that has pop up issues and would not work with the iPad, it took me half an hour to remember how to right click….it go look in apple set up trackpad…..lol I dread to think how much fun I would have using my pc,my younger son would happily take it off my hands as it was top of the shop in its day and would like my widescreen, which sits in my bedroom connected to nothing whatsoever lol, iPad all the way, grrrr iMac actually I should use it more lol. Just a lazy cow.

Attachments

• IMG_0811.jpeg
    IMG_0811.jpeg
    359 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_5030.jpeg
    IMG_5030.jpeg
    345.4 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_5031.jpeg
    IMG_5031.jpeg
    287.1 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1410.jpeg
    IMG_1410.jpeg
    335.6 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_1121.jpeg
    IMG_1121.jpeg
    370.8 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1120.jpeg
    IMG_1120.jpeg
    361.7 KB · Views: 47
My first computer was a Zenith Z181 laptop.

LCD grayscale display (it was blue). Dual 3" floppy disc drives. 1mb onboard memory, so I could load DOS into the 384K upper memory block, keeping most of teh 640k block available for running programs like Lotus 123A

I had that laptop along with a really small inkjet printer that all fit into a custom made soft sided brief case. It made the old Compaq's look antiquated with their built-in CRT displays.

I was envied by the other auditors who used the company's Compaqs that looked like this:
View attachment 167306

Because my computer looked like this:
View attachment 167307
My first computer was works ibm at lunch I could play on the green and black screen there was a bbc game all words no graphics and I always got stuck in the Swiss cheese.
First home computer was a ibm 2xx model when the ibm 3xx models were already available bought second hand cheap then paid mega bucks for the ibm 3xx xx=can’t remember the number lol, but it helped my other half learn computers and his earnings doubled then tripled by changing to it then 4x and finally 5x so yeah a good investment all round. he liked buying the components and case and building his own build so no standard machines, always high level graphics and the biggest hard disk he could afford and the faster chip he could afford (that I would agree to lol)we usually had the second best so value for money on the speed options,
~had an Amiga CD TV, a std Amiga, a Nintendo, and still own all 3,The nintendo had Mario on it.

Being a single male for 30 + yrs now, I gave up pets long time ago, mostly cause always on the go, work etc etc, so pet would have always been alone. But I have gone through the experience.
my only beer, maybe 600 liters over the yrs.
my first computer ;) (dad was using it in the mid 60's ) I could use it but needed the instructions at all stages
A friend likes that beer she used it as her forum identifier lol so I did it on my graffitti wall

Attachments

• IMG_6715.jpeg
    IMG_6715.jpeg
    789.2 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_6706.jpeg
    IMG_6706.jpeg
    668.7 KB · Views: 43
Maybe I'm getting too old for this forum.

What is "Whinging"
Complaining unnecessarily rather than just ignoring …or thereabouts.….some people joke and forget the lol leaving it appear to be a whinge.
usually safer unless a post is offensive to ignore and scroll past that which you do not find interesting….am having a deja vu moment here,
if one finds something offensive I would usually go with a quiet word with a mod to allow them to decide,if something is actually offensive and needs addressing.
fyi I wear glasses 🤓 but would not be offended if I popped up my picture and someone called me 4 eyes….although I might retaliate …wiggles eyebrows.
live and let live should be the ethos for the coffee crowd,
…sidles off…..

Willie - I don't wear hearing aids, but I'm trying to imagine a hearing aid upgrade:
View attachment 167348
Sherrel - I'm very sorry to read about your best friends. I know you are taking it hard, and I know what it's like. Hope you feel better soon.
Moermusic - Nobody knows what a slide rule is these days. I've asked various youngsters (teens), and they don't have a clue.

Have a great night, everyone!
I have a sliderule and could use it, however the slider has dissapeared, culprit likely my youngest but eldest equally a git and it would have had value plus knowing how to use it when I hate doing the math, that said had not used it in donkeys when I went to use it and found the slider missing, bloody kids,

Willie- my only use for whiskey is for the base for my bbq sauce. Now brandy, OTOH, is a requirement up here for an Old Fashioned.
Once took a bottle of whiskey to a party others who had claimed they were taking hard liquor took cheap wine so I sat and drank half of it then threw upon a nearby radiator,CNG stand whiskey…..but brandy yum yum preferred straight or in a creamed coffee Gaelic will use cheap kit in a coffee but like a decent brand if sipping, although more likely to go for a very sugary Cointreau, drambui, tia Maria, Benedictine (when in the mood) favourite all time drink is a Singapore sling - classic recipe

1/6 gin\1/6 cherry brandy 1/12 Cointreau 1/12 Benedictine orange bitters,(Angustora bitters at a push) sparkling lemonade, slice of cucumber and hint of mint……nicknamed the nicker remover….however I can hold my drink, well except when I puke it up, only a couple of times ever and one street pizza 🤮 gross I had to stop the car puke then drive on to a horse riding lesson - dressage, hangover and dressage not a good mix, got told off twice for cantering with the wrong leading leg, and Almost forgot to tighten the girth! Not a good idea as saddle lip page can put you under the horses belly with saddle looking a total tart, luckily the only time I ever got on a horse trusting someone else to do the girth up I felt the saddle shift and quickly tightened the girth before the saddle slid off the back with me on it!

I like peach snaps, amaretto, granadine, coke with vodka and tia Maria - usually hate coke pepsi no better, Pernod, yeah basically most of the cocktail shelf but not all at the same time….did get pretty legless on tia Maria once, buthonestly do not like being drunk, so usually do not over indulge

Keto diet has messed with this

Good evening. As I write this I note that there are four more pages added since last evening. Hard to keep up with and follow, eh?

50° and raining. Rain is supposed to continue through Sunday morning. Lawn service managed to get the lawn cut just before the skies opened.
Today's high was 54°, well below the "average" temperature of 67° Below average temperatures will remain through late next week.

We have heat. It took 20" for the tech to change the unit out. It took 1'20" for the furnace to bring the temperature up from 62° to 70°. Feels good. I'm thankful that the component didn't fail during the cold portion of the winter.

Terry: Obviously you miss her a lot, and always will. My condolences.

Tomorrow, will be an outdoor washout, and a good day to catch up on some model railroad projects.

Remains of Broad Street Newark - Railpictures Photo.jpg

This is what remains of the CNJ's Broad Street Station, in Newark, NJ. The station hasn't seen a passenger train since the Aldine plan went into effect in 1965, and all CNJ passenger trains were diverted to Pennsylvania Station, Newark, across the McCarter Hwy from the CNJ station. FWIW, this is the hazard of preserving a historical structure that no longer has a use. It is highly unlikely that it can be repurposed. The bright side is that someone modeling the interior, can figure out how the prototype allowed commuters to enter at street level and access train platforms on a fill high enough to bridge Newark Penn station clearing the catenary. Freight station was at ground level, as the center access ramp indicates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back