Running Bear's April 2020 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOH and I started the first two 'ROCKFORD FILES' last evening - becoming bored with most everything.
For Westerns, My fav's are still GUNSMOKE and THE VIRGINIAN!
Rockford is a great show!
How about Cannon, Dragnet, Highway Patrol, Mannix, Mission Impossible, Peter Gunn, Rawhide, Wanted Dead or Alive, Star Trek and more, they are all on Me TV https://www.metv.com/shows/ it's available on many TV services and free with an antenna.

Howdy y'all. Pleasant 68* , not expected to get into the 80"s . May get some light showers.
LOUIS-Did that "DELI" have sawdust on the floor and a pickle barrel you could choose from ? Reminded me of BROOKLYN and the lower east side.
Still praying for all Stay well and keep posting those pictures. {EXCEPT those eye hurting ones}
Phil
No saw dust, but if I remember correctly they did have a pickle jar, but no barrel.

Looks like the thunderstorms came through while I was napping. Wasn't much to it. So little rainfall that I had to look up the Weather Underground station around the corner to see that it got .07". I can barely measure tenths of an inch with my gauge. It's wet enough that I will have to spend the afternoon either in the train shed or in the house with the honey-do list. More could be on the way, although there is nothing on the radar. But that's the way these Spring storms sometimes are, just pop up out of nowhere.

Good Afternoon,

Cleaned the bird room today then after lunch I put A&I on everything (wooden) in the new kit and have it under weight to try to keep everything straight. I also painted the few detail parts that came with the kit. I plan on using thinned Tamiya Flat White on the walls because I think that shows age and dirt most. I still haven't decided on trim color yet.

Chet- Interesting photo.

Sherrel- Nice picture.

Louis- Nice pictures.

Garry- Nice looking road crossings.

Tom- Nice job on the trailer.

Joe- Nice picture. Yes I've looked at them several times and most likely will get a couple of them.

James- Nice looking keepsakes.

Toot- Ouch!

Willie- Nice continuing work on the building.

Guy- Nice picture.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Did anyone watch MAVERICK ??? GARNER was the better of the brothers. (as BRETT) Didn't like the actor that played BART.
Phil

That would be Jack Kelly.
1586633987498.png

Joe - Nice picture of the Conrail units. Are you and Louis having a Conrail competition?

Chet: No, I was sort of filling in while Louis was on his sabbatical. ;) Louis selects photos of broader interest, where my selections are narrow in focus.

For instance, his is a PRR Westbound on #4 track at Morrisville back in the early '60s. The slide was dated 1958, but a closer examination of the photo indicates it was early to mid '60s.
Early 60s at Morrisville.jpg

Dragged the airbrush back out today. Two projects going on. 1941 COSF cars being painted and this: A PFM United Santa Fe 2-8-0. I gifted this one to my son. I have about a half a dozen of them, and they're great for teaching newbies about brass. Probably the most common of all of the brass imports with more than 6,000 brought in over the years. It's a simple mechanism, easy to take apart and re-assemble. Also good for upgrading the details, as many of them are turnings instead of castings, and easy to replace. It's been through the blasting booth, the ultrasonic and the paint booth, and has gotten a coat of Scalecoat Detail Black, and 90 minutes in the oven at 200 degrees. Scalecoat levels nicely when you bake it. No clear coat before decaling will be necessary. One issue when you bake these older models. Sometimes the drivers and tender wheelsets come apart. Note that loose driver tire. All four of them came loose. Nothing a little ACC and your handy NMRA gauge won't fix. I need to clean the wheels and frame where the bearings seat for electrical conductivity and she'll be ready to go back together.

Santa Fe 2-8-0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back