Random Track Plan thoughts From the mind of Hanson!

I moved a couple of things and Add some! First I changed the park into a Depot/Rail Park for my tourest line and added a engine service building for that line by the Team track I had to find jobs for my Box cabs and doodle bugs. I added a some to the LP plant to enclude other fuels. and moved the mower store! I added some water might add more not sure yet. I havet come up with a name for the town yet!

ECIRailwayFinalDesign.jpg

You might flip the "team track" and "warehouse-storage" spurs so that they come off the other side of that U-bend formation. If you did this, you'd have a cluster of 3 sidings which could all be switched by an eastbound train, while another train could run continuous laps on the other track. With those two spurs where they were placed, you'd block the main both ways while you switched them, and no railroad would want to do that. The other cluster of industries looks pretty good, all facing the same way except one; the exception there is OK, as there is a runaround available. That should make for interesting work for a local, and while it's busy, you could once again have a second train running laps on the other track. Or maybe a train on each track, and you'd periodically have to make your local get into the clear in order to let the through train get by. But that assumes that the turnouts at the ends of the double track segments could get properly set at the right times--I think there are automation units which could do that.

question..
how do you get the semi transparent terrain overlay that way.. I ..think.. you mentioned once before that you use Atlas RTS??

thanks

question..
how do you get the semi transparent terrain overlay that way.. I ..think.. you mentioned once before that you use Atlas RTS??

thanks

when I'm done with drawing the track plan I go to edit, the click (Tag All) then Right click.....then left click on copy. Shut RTS down and goto paint. then click on edit then click on paste. then start to draw.....

I must have gone through the manual a half dozen times trying to figure that out...:)
Because it looked like it may have been just another layer??, I assumed it was done from within RTS...

thanks. appreciate it...
trying to figure out a replacement track plan for myself, and it's easier when you can visualize areas where track is hidden, and something better than 'boxes' for structures..

Back