Railroad Poll

Which roadname would YOU rather use for a layout?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Definately "other".Other being my own Grande Valley Railroad and her younger siblings the Muskegon Coopersville & Marne and the Kent County Connecting. :D

I'm another Other. <g>
My home road is the Greentop & Oberon RY. A fictional amalgammation of Adirondack Mountain railroads with connections to Delaware & Hudson and the New York Central.
Currently I have 1 D&H loco and 2 cabeese, 3 NYC locos with 1 caboose. 20% of my rolling stock is D&H [and growing]. GT&O has no locos yet and 1 caboose in the shops.

Ken

I voted "other" and model mostly in Rio Grande though I also have UP and Santa Fe on my layout. The era of the layout is late 50s to the early 60s but I have a bunch of "modern" and “vintage” equipment that I like to run as well. Depends on the mood and what the nephews want to run. I’ve even got a dual gage narrow/standard line that runs through town. This way I can run my trolley or a Colorado & Southern steam locomotive with a few passenger cars behind it.

I voted "other". We model the Rio Grande in HO scale based on a mid 60's theme. I like them all but the Grande was such a cool RR that I'll always love it.

Other. I model the Cowlitz, Chehalis, and Cascade railway as it should exist in the present day. I t was abandoned in 1955. You could also say I model a little of BNSF, as I will have about 2-3 feet of interchange track with them and some leased power :D.

KenKzak said:
I'm another Other. <g>
My home road is the Greentop & Oberon RY. A fictional amalgammation of Adirondack Mountain railroads with connections to Delaware & Hudson and the New York Central.
Currently I have 1 D&H loco and 2 cabeese, 3 NYC locos with 1 caboose. 20% of my rolling stock is D&H [and growing]. GT&O has no locos yet and 1 caboose in the shops.

Ken
thank god i thought i was the only D&H fan here :D

Little Grande Man said:
Grande man and I model the Rio Grande. :D
Thought so :D I was gonna' model the Rio Grande but decided to switch over to a logging layout. So as the topic starte I'l have to vote. And it's "other". For the Silk river Railroad of course :D
Have a good one,
-Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
Three guesses on the one I marked, and the first two don't count! :D :p

(I'm amazed nobody has chosen Santa Fe yet....!)

Other and its a tight toss up between 2 B&M as it was my first Lionel train set I loved that 2359 B&M. Second PA. as I grew up there and always liked them.

RT

Well, as you can probably tell by my avatar, I voted "Other" since I'm modeling the Rio Grande in the 1940's. Of course, my Rio Grande happens to be laid in California's Sierra Nevadas (Yuba River Sub), so that gives me a chance to give trackage rights to SP, WP and--believe it or not--GN. I've also 'borrowed' locomotives from the Colorado & Southern, Pennsy, N&W and C&O, but since it's set in WWII, that was a pretty common occurence with western railroads as the traffic got thicker and the motive power got stretched. But there's just something about Rio Grande standard gauge steam that gets my blood going.
Tom

I'm the third D&H fan here! The Bridge Line Rules!

I model the 70's to early 80's era, just prior to the Guilford takeover (eech!). Mohawk Yard (Albany,NY) to Rouses Point, NY (just south of the Canadian border).
I also interchange with the Vermont Railway (VTR)

I believe the "Big O RR has the majority..."Other" of course.

My home roadname, Blue Creek & Warrior RW manages the yards and switching/ maintenance duties, while Southern, GM&O, and L&N handle freight and passenger service. Norfolk & Western has a coal run from the mines "in dim thar hills" to the Coke plant. I do have a Union Pacific Challenger that made a wrong turn somewhere and ended up pulling "through" freight in Southern Appalachia.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back