railroad "game"

A. It is on a steam locomotive. It is used by the engineer but I'm not 100% sure what it's function is.

Q: Name a locomotive model that was offered in the EMD catalog a number of years back that sold a whopping ZERO units.

The Johnson bar is a reversing lever on steam locomotives.

Q: Name a locomotive model that was offered in the EMD catalog a number of years back that sold a whopping ZERO units

That would have to be the BL20-2. Three were built, or actually rebuilt, in 1991, using GP-9 frames, in an attempt by EMD to break into the rebuild market. Three were built and although they demonstrated on a number of lines and were carried in the EMD catalog for three years, none were ever sold and they were assigned to the EMD lease fleet in 1994.

That would have to be the BL20-2. Three were built, or actually rebuilt, in 1991, using GP-9 frames, in an attempt by EMD to break into the rebuild market. Three were built and although they demonstrated on a number of lines and were carried in the EMD catalog for three years, none were ever sold and they were assigned to the EMD lease fleet in 1994.

I forgot about those... at least the three were built.... The one I was thinking of was the DD40 - none were even built.... The DD40AX was the "modified version" built for UP. Athearn made the DD40 on speculation in HO scale, but no prototypes were ever assembled.

I did see one of the BL20-2's a few years back - it was painted up in the white & blue Rail Link scheme. Wish I'd got a better pic of it.

True, Brian, I forgot about the DD-40 but I don't think they were ever an EMD catalog engine. The DD-40 design was offered to the UP but they didn't want the standard cab so the DD-40AX was built instead. As far as I know, the the BL20-2's were the only catalog engine that was actively marketed by EMD and never sold.

Quite correct, DCC, it was August of 1946. Jeff, you are also correct, the NP was left out of of BN answer.

stl, 150 mph is correct although the Acela Express trainsets are capable of 200 mph. Next question is yours.

Jim,

Was it the Delmonico, built by Pullman? Honestly, no I did not know the answer from my brain, I looked it up on the web.

Regards,

Joe, good job of googling. :) The Delmonico was the first regular service dining car and was built by Pullman. It was named after the famous Delmonico's Restaurant in NYC.

Over to you for the next question.

Thanks Jim, I have a belief that honesty is the best policy, thats why I said that I looked it up on the web. Anyway.......

What was the first railroad to bridge the Mighty Mississippi River??

Regards,

Back