Problems with airbrush

Since the H is an external mix gun all you have to do is remove the interior nozzle which also is where the paint jar or cup attaches. You're covered.

Gravity feeders are a different matter. I have several gravity feed airbrushes and trigger type spray guns that I have always cleaned by rinsing with thinner, pulling the needle and wiping it off, then re-rinsing. I strip my airbrushes down once a year for a deep cleaning, and several of my trigger guns have never been stripped down. They all spray like brand new! The trick with housekeeping is to do it right away. Don't wait!

Afraid I'm not much help either for much the same reason: I own only one airbrush - a 20-year-old basic Paasche single-action, and it's never given me a problem or been taken apart for cleaning: I always run a thimbleful of water, then thinner through the moment I'm done using it (even for a few minutes) and I've just never had any problem.

Photos from card number 1 367 (Large) (Large).JPGPhotos from card number 1 366 (Large).JPG
Here's the stuff I use. Looks a bit different than the stuff on the website. Not sure if this is the Pro or the other variety. Judging by the ingredients, I would say it is the Pro stuff. Hasn't hurt any of the seals in my brush, in the 5 or so years I've had it. A small can like this goes a long way. I just put a drop or two on a Q-Tip to clean the parts and spray a few drops through the gun to clean it. Every now and then I disassemble the brush and give it a good cleaning.

So.... whats the verdict? Is it working now? If not, what did you try from all these suggestions?

Back