Problems with airbrush

Prepainting my grain elevator got the airbrush out and my single action pashaa won't pick up the paint. I thinned the paint I'm getting air through the brush and the pickup hose is not pluged. Has any had this problem and if so how do you fix it. Thanks.

I thinned my paint the compressed don't really have a control to adjust airpressure that I can find after work I'll take pic and try to post it.

Try a different tip. Sometimes the tip gets clogged. Or the tip size is not right for the type of paint. Happens to me all the time.

I think Motely has it. The Paasche H is an external mix airbrush so about the only thing that can keep paint from being picked up is a clogged nozzle (the lower nozzle). Loosen the allen head screw and remove the internal noxle component and clean it. Also make sure the hole in the paint bottle lid is not plugged.

If there is one thing I have learned about spray guns of any size, the only effective method of cleaning is a full strip down and individual cleaning of any part/s the paint comes into contact with. Just flushing through with thinner doesn't do it.

Prepainting my grain elevator got the airbrush out and my single action pashaa won't pick up the paint. I thinned the paint I'm getting air through the brush and the pickup hose is not pluged. Has any had this problem and if so how do you fix it. Thanks.

I can't help you resolve this problem sorry and the reason I can't is because that is (virtually) the identical problem I had with my Paasche system. Was using it without an issue, changed paint color after a thorough cleaning with thinners and had the same problem, it just stopped picking up the paint. It would "spray" air just not the paint. Even tried going back to the paint that did spray before the change and no joy with it either, so it wasn't the paint. Never did find out why but hope you do.

If there is one thing I have learned about spray guns of any size, the only effective method of cleaning is a full strip down and individual cleaning of any part/s the paint comes into contact with. Just flushing through with thinner doesn't do it.

Since the H is an external mix gun all you have to do is remove the interior nozzle which also is where the paint jar or cup attaches. You're covered.

Gravity feeders are a different matter. I have several gravity feed airbrushes and trigger type spray guns that I have always cleaned by rinsing with thinner, pulling the needle and wiping it off, then re-rinsing. I strip my airbrushes down once a year for a deep cleaning, and several of my trigger guns have never been stripped down. They all spray like brand new! The trick with housekeeping is to do it right away. Don't wait!

I always strip it down and clean with both cleaner then water. And make sure water runs through it. Hope to try run sat when I'm off try some of these suggestions.

If I am using enamel paint I clean the brush with lacquer thinner. It will dissolve pretty much any type of paint. For acrylic I use a product called Goof off to clean them. It will dissolve even old dry acrylic paint in no time. Make sure paint is thinned enough and make sure to strain your paint before using to prevent clogs. You should be in business after a good cleaning. If your brush has any plastic parts, keep them away from the Lacquer thinner. It will eat plastic.

Wow thats interesting. My old airbrush, I had to buy new tips because the acrylic couldn't be cleaned. From now on, I'm using Goof off to clean acrylic.

Thanks for the tip!

I'll have to see if my local big hardware gets this (they now import Rustoleum spray cans), then I can do some Goofing Off.

Neither or both -- remember. I'm a solvent paint guy. I've never had an o-ring/gasket/seal fail due to damage by solvent. Crushed due to improper assembly -- wellllll, that's another story.

Back