Power comes to Tootsville !!!

goscrewyourselves

I'm the one
At last - Tootsville has Power!!!

vlygnrZ.jpg

Well, the poles anyway - yeah yeah yeah - I know but I'm bored :)

Last edited:
@Smudge617

It would, your right and I have a heap of street lights; however, Tootsville is eventually going to be "bulldozed" to make way for the new layout build so I don't really want to waste lights on it. Aside from that it was always just going to be a temporary setup for testing trains and was built on about 4" of foam board - not something I want to to try to run fine street light wires through :)

@Smudge617

It would, your right and I have a heap of street lights; however, Tootsville is eventually going to be "bulldozed" to make way for the new layout build so I don't really want to waste lights on it. Aside from that it was always just going to be a temporary setup for testing trains and was built on about 4" of foam board - not something I want to to try to run fine street light wires through :)
Ah! OK, that makes sense, lot of work for little return then.

Yep, that's about the size of it. I am just using it at the moment to stop myself from going around the bend. Actually, I melted a turnout frog to the point where trains wont run through it - I was considering tearing it all up and re doing the track work for something to do until the "good weather" gets here. If I did do that, I'd make sure that I could use that track work in the new build as well.

Yep, that's about the size of it. I am just using it at the moment to stop myself from going around the bend. Actually, I melted a turnout frog to the point where trains wont run through it - I was considering tearing it all up and re doing the track work for something to do until the "good weather" gets here. If I did do that, I'd make sure that I could use that track work in the new build as well.
I'm not going to ask how you melted a turnout.;)

Well - ahh - it's like this ....... I was on my home from ....... okay, that aint gunna work is it, so here is what happened .........

I run a CMX Track Cleaning Car and use/d Acetone to clean the track. That was fine so long as the car kept moving. I was running the car and we got a phone call about my mother in law which distracted me for about 1/2 an hour. During that time the car got caught in the turn out while continuing to "drip" acetone down onto the cleaning pad which, eventually, became saturated and started dripping down onto the turnout including the frog. As it was acetone - it melted the plastic frog (I think that is what is called) and the ties and totally destroyed the turnout.

Well - ahh - it's like this ....... I was on my home from ....... okay, that aint gunna work is it, so here is what happened .........

I run a CMX Track Cleaning Car and use/d Acetone to clean the track. That was fine so long as the car kept moving. I was running the car and we got a phone call about my mother in law which distracted me for about 1/2 an hour. During that time the car got caught in the turn out while continuing to "drip" acetone down onto the cleaning pad which, eventually, became saturated and started dripping down onto the turnout including the frog. As it was acetone - it melted the plastic frog (I think that is what is called) and the ties and totally destroyed the turnout.
Yep, that'll do it. :(

It was fine in the CMX and all I had used for near on 10 years. This was the first mishap that I had with it. That being said though I am moving to mineral spirits which is a better cleaner from all accounts and much less damaging :)

Awesome layout ! What are the dimensions ?
What's that ?
Thanks but it started life as a small "test track" while I was planning my new layout and sort of got out of control you might say. As for the dimensions, it is weird but basically it is about 2' X 6' roughly.

That green thing is a bottle of Isopropyl Alcohol :)

This is how it actually look at the moment - a mess!

4f8zfKr.jpg

But it keeps me amused for the time being :)

My plan is to "bulldoze it all" BUT rebuild the "town" in a similar manner, layered heights in my new (when the weather gets better) layout :)

Last edited:
There's a trick to it - every time you want to buy something for your railway, you buy your other half something first - anything and they think your the greatest guy in the world. So, if you want to buy a $400 DCC w/Sound Engine from Kato for example, you buy the missus a $5 box of chocolates first and your home and hosed and if you throw in a long stemmed rose well hell - you'll probably have a good night as well 😈 ;) :)

There's a trick to it - every time you want to buy something for your railway, you buy your other half something first - anything and they think your the greatest guy in the world. So, if you want to buy a $400 DCC w/Sound Engine from Kato for example, you buy the missus a $5 box of chocolates first and your home and hosed and if you throw in a long stemmed rose well hell - you'll probably have a good night as well 😈 ;) :)
No, I buy myself $5 of chocolate and eat it all myself, no sharing in my house. 🤣

Back