Power comes to Tootsville !!!

Okay - so, Power/Telephone Poles, I am glad I only have 5 to make, they are a pain in the rectum, Talk about fiddly darn things and I haven't gotten to the lines as yet :oops:

Speaking of which, any suggestions for how to make the little doo hickey things that sit on top of the cross bars that the lines attach to?

These bits:

KnDJB2i.jpg

I was thinking about pins??

Okay - so, Power/Telephone Poles, I am glad I only have 5 to make, they are a pain in the rectum, Talk about fiddly darn things and I haven't gotten to the lines as yet :oops:

Speaking of which, any suggestions for how to make the little doo hickey things that sit on top of the cross bars that the lines attach to?

These bits:

KnDJB2i.jpg

I was thinking about pins??

The Power Poles thus far, well 3 of the 5 anyway:

ZxZ6gtw.jpg

They are darker than they look in the photo - flash washed out the stain :(

Am making up the bracing cables for each end pole and will put the "lines" in when I get the "charcoal colored" heavy EZ-Line on Monday :) I am making the bracing cables out of grey cotton thread.

So, the more I do to this to stay involved, the more I am tempted to replace the track work AND perhaps extend it a bit - say another 6 feet give or take? I don't know, I just want to run my choo choo's :)

That being said, I have worked a bit on the "vacant block" on the second level in preparation for putting in a cemetery with a church - not sure how I will do that as I have this image of a cemetery on a hill sooooo I may need to do some serious landscaping for that to work :) Oh and I will "RESERVE" a few plots for those can't please em, narky critics 🤣

And I have put the wire mesh on that small portion of fence I put together however long ago AND completed all of the Power Poles - I have been a busy boy as if anyone cares :)

This is the area under renovation:

Wil1mBr.jpg

The first of the Stone Retaining Walls:

xj38HmD.jpg

This will be cut down a little so it isn't quite so high. It was made using Bragdons Latex Molds and Merlins Magic Dental Stone, the ONLY thing I use for making my castings :)

The Power Poles thus far, well 3 of the 5 anyway:

ZxZ6gtw.jpg

They are darker than they look in the photo - flash washed out the stain :(

Am making up the bracing cables for each end pole and will put the "lines" in when I get the "charcoal colored" heavy EZ-Line on Monday :) I am making the bracing cables out of grey cotton thread.
Those power poles really turned out nice. The wire will make it all come together!

Those power poles really turned out nice. The wire will make it all come together!
Thanks mate and I am hoping the wire will add to it. I am expecting it today so we will see by the end of today. I just have to work out how to attach it (the wire) to the cross members and get it to stay there :)
I see that, Did you even go to bed last night? 🤣
Um, well - actually - last night I was on Australia Time, so nope stayed up and kept @Smudge617 company :) Think I am going to die later this afternoon now though :rolleyes:

Back