Photo Fun 6-27/6-30

jeffrey-wimberly

Dr Frankendiesel
P1010675.jpg

Pretty bland week for photos!

Here's an installment from my project lair.

NS 8818, a D9-40C, aka Dash 9-40C, or C40-9. This is a 4000 hp standard cab version of the ever popular Dash 9-44CW. NS is the only railroad to order a standard cab Dash 9.

I bought the project already started. It uses a Kato Dash 9, with an Atlas Dash 8 cab.

I've installed the short hood, and modified sub-base (both of which the prior owner modified). I installed the dark colored hatch on the roof, it's from an Athearn Dash 9, to replace the too small version Kato's mold has. The intake grill beneath it on the conductors side is also from an Athearn unit, correcting the location of the grill. X panels to be installed, from Details West, knuckle basket from Plano Model Products.

Nice farm Motley.

I snapped a couple of quick pics this morning. This corn is a little more than knee high by Forth of July! It's gonna be a record year.:D

newlayout6-17-11008.png

newlayout6-17-11005-1.jpg

newlayout6-17-11015.jpg

Been working on this Stewart U25B lately.

DSCN1146.jpg

I had to change out the motor in it among other things. The motor was an Athearn type (seen in foreground). Replaced it with a Proto Power West motor which can be seen in the photo below. Stewart chassis and shell, PPW motor, P2K shafts, flywheels, truck, Athearn gears and wheels, Bachmann 8 pin socket, Digitrax DZ143 decoder.

DSCN1132.jpg

DSCN1147.jpg

I also rebuilt this P2K E6. Thought it had a bum motor but it turned out there was piece of wire wrapped around the motor shaft between the motor and front flywheel. I have no idea how it got there as I picked it up second hand a couple of years ago and just got around to tearing it down.

Great pics from everyone.

Corey do you have any estimate on how many gallons of moonshine that crop will yield?

One of the photos I took of my layout this evening.Its a view of the diesel servicing depot. There,s still a lot to be done yet, but I,m pleased with the way things are going so far.
Ron

More nice work guys, great to see the quality around here.
Its been a while since I played along so I thought I would. Can't say I'm up to par with all of you, but her's a couple of new industries for the Fox Valley River RR. An old Plasticville factory with the under sized water tower converted to a vent thingie. Also the Cornerstone American Hardware building. The later still needs a bit of work. I was also experimenting with Christmas lights for illumination. The windows I made using Excel.

Attachments

• New Industries (13) - Copy.jpg
    New Industries (13) - Copy.jpg
    319.6 KB · Views: 195

Back