Paragon 2 CV8 Value 38

hamltnblue

Hello All
I just picked up a Paragon 2 AC6000 yesterday and am trying to match it to my Blueline AC6000. The manufacturers ID (CV8) reports a 38. I'm curious if that's BLI's ID or if it's a 3rd party number. There are some CV's that refer to the technical manual which isn't included with the engine and the ID would help me find it.
Thanks

Cv8 id

This is what QSI says about thier CV8 value.

The value of this read only register is 113, which is the offical NMRA designation for QSI as a manufacturer.

tell us a little about the new engine. what is this "recored/play back feature" they talk about? Im looking at the ICRR SW paragon 2 but want to hear a little more about the options it has

Trent

I haven't tried the playback feature yet but I should do a comparison and post since I have both the blue line and paragon 2 version.
On the surface they're the same engine. The only difference is the electronics which now has both motor and sound DCC included. I tried the farm sounds as well as the others. You get cockadoodledoo, mooo, and a couple of others for farm, for the others you get similar type messages for traffic etc. They're just gimmick sound to me but very clear. The default level settings for paragon sounds is 125 where it was 100 for the Blue Line. That might explain why the paragon 2 sounds better:D.

I haven't tried the playback feature yet but I should do a comparison and post since I have both the blue line and paragon 2 version.
On the surface they're the same engine. The only difference is the electronics which now has both motor and sound DCC included. I tried the farm sounds as well as the others. You get cockadoodledoo, mooo, and a couple of others for farm, for the others you get similar type messages for traffic etc. They're just gimmick sound to me but very clear. The default level settings for paragon sounds is 125 where it was 100 for the Blue Line. That might explain why the paragon 2 sounds better:D.

A locomotive that cockadoodledoos & moos???:confused: How can you possibly take a manufacturer that builds something like that seriously???
What next? A holographic image of the engineer that flips ya the bird when you turn down the voltage??:rolleyes:
They ought to concentrate on better quality sound. They have a lot of catching up to do IMHO to catch Soundtraxx.

Everyone does, even ESU. Maybe I should send ESU some 567-A sounds to make their decoders sound better?

I'm not sure I follow exactly - the only difference between the BlueLine and BLI version is the sounds it produces. Do I really need to get the new one if I can only add sounds and have it sound like a farm?
Dave

I can tell you that the only difference between the 2 is the sound board as I picked up a AC6000 SP that had a Paragon shell on a blueline driveline. It fit perfectly and has no adaptations to either the shell or the chassis to make it fit together. :cool:

I'm not sure I follow exactly - the only difference between the BlueLine and BLI version is the sounds it produces. Do I really need to get the new one if I can only add sounds and have it sound like a farm?
Dave
No that's not the only difference. I posted a thread that points out the differences. The paragon 2 has a motor decoder built in so the problems matching decoders in the Blueline are history. The sound has numerous additions including 7 levels of Diesel rpm instead of 3. It is kind of weird hearing it moo, cocledoodledo, Car horn beep, saw mill sound, and a bunch of others. The radio basically mimicks 2 way communications in the yard, requesting departure followed by departure. If pulling a passenger train (Which I don't think AC6000's are used for) you can use passenger station sounds like "All Aboard" etc.

Back