Night Trains at the Twin City Model Railroad Museum!

DoctorZ

For the last time, now through the Holidays, they are running Night Trains in St. Paul, MN. This is it! They've lost their lease and the layout will be taken down. As of this writing they do not have another site to set up at. Here's some video I shot last weekend:

[video=youtube;tHt1sFZUd7A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHt1sFZUd7A[/video]

Great video, love that Christmas train! Must be Miller Engineering lighting?
Too bad about loosing the lease, the local club here (SMRA) my be out of their space too if membership doesn't pick up, that's a lot of hard work to tear down.

I don't know where they got their lighting. It is too bad they have to move. They've been in the same place for over 30 years. I also heard of a beautiful layout down in St. Louis that had to close it's doors earlier this year, it too is gone forever.

The Twin Cities Model Railroad Museum has moved and is now located at 668 Transfer Road, Suite 8, St. Paul, MN 55114.You can google the address and see where the museum is located. There was an article about the tear down and move in the latest NMRA Thousand Lakes Region newsletter. It appears to me that the club must have figured that eventually they would need to move; so, they built the layout with that in mind. I have been to the Bandana Square site a couple of times and feel a visit is well worth a trip and the cost of entry. It appears to me that they are rebuilding the layout as it was at Bandana Square. Here is the website: http://www.tcmrm.org/

Thanks for the update. The TCMRM has a new home and are going to be running Night Trains again this season at their new location!

It is O scale, but the lighting is custom. They actually drilled tiny holes and glued small LED lights in, then ran wiring inside the rollings stock and locomotives. The locomotives pull the power from the track, but the rolling stock has small batteries running most of their LEDs, I believe.

Well I didn't realize it was O scale. NOW I understand why IO had such a hard time trying too install it into an HO caboose!!! :p

Beautiful! Is there a video where I can watch how to install the lightings and which kind of light should I use?

There is no how to video. All I know is they used tiny LED lights and a battery inside each car. They used a tiny drill to make the holes and glued each light in place by hand.

Back