Next N Scale Layout ...

So have been playing around with a Yard or more to the point an Engine Servicing area ...

c1so240.jpg

Thoughts opinions .... ????
Like this one, small industrial/ maintenance area, space for a small town, and a nice scenic (hill/mountain/tunnel maybe?) area (bottom right) for you to do.

And one more small modification - I lost the 3rd track on the eastern side :)

Yo11nwN.jpg

Each time I look at it - I see something to change ... it is never ending, BUT I think this one will work and cover 99% of all that I want in a track plan. All I have to do now is find a very nice N Scale 2 Bay Engine House, preferably in Laser Cut :)

You addressed one major issue that I saw with the latest plan, with the addition of the extra crossovers at the yard entrance. You're still limited to running left to right to access the yard though. No escape track.

I love the back side, the way the 2 routes mander over and under each other will be great for watching long trains wind through that area.

I really like to have long trains doing the roundy-round thing while I operate a shorter train serving the industries.

You could have a lot of fun with a complex yard and more spurs.

@santafewillie

I know what you mean about an escape track but I don't think I have the room to put one in. Access to the yard is only from the right, but that is okay as I intend it to be a Servicing and Maintenance Area anyway.

@JeffH

Thanks Jeff and as Horseman said - I am not into prototype stuff or switching etc. As boring as it may sound, I just like watching the trains go around and around through realistic looking scenery, well, as realistic as I can get it :)

@Smudge617

Yep, that would work I believe. I could get two of them and try to "kit bash them" into a 2 engine shed. or just have the two Sheds ... something to think about :)

That should be easy enough. Why do you prefer laser cut?

on ebay - says last one
RS Laser
Kato not laser cut.
Faller not laser cut
Outland 3d printed -yech
Magnuson - plaster - I love my Magnuson structures.
Sunshine? - wood not laser
I prefer working with wooden kits. They tend to look better I think when completed, not as "chunky" as styrene. With that being said, I am not adverse to plastic kits, I have a number of DPM (pre woodlands) kits as well :)

Thank you for the links, I'll take a look 👍

MDF? I thought MDF was a building material?

That bein said, I like the bottom one - American looking or not doesn't concern me. I am going to have quite a few Australian building's on the new layout:) You might say that it will be a "United Nations Layout" :)

MDF? I thought MDF was a building material?

That bein said, I like the bottom one - American looking or not doesn't concern me. I am going to have quite a few Australian building's on the new layout:) You might say that it will be a "United Nations Layout" :)
The bottom one is a building from the Settle-Carlisle line, the Laser cut version is no longer available, that's a card kit.

Back