New Train Building

Larry Creel

Gulf-Atlantic-Pacific
Contractor has started on my new Trainroom this week. It's going to be 18 feet wide & 30 ft long. A lot smaller building than my building in Florida. here's a few pictures of the base of the structure. I will keep taking pictures as it's being built. 3-11-23 I hope they get all the Blocks put in today because tomorrow it's supposed to be raining all day. I've already contacted the person that has the layout in storage in Florida to get him to start looking for a truck to rent to haul it all up here. If he decides he doesn't want to make the 520 mile trip I'll have to find someone here to go down & get it w/me as a co driver.

Attachments

• DSCN3389.JPG
    DSCN3389.JPG
    194 KB · Views: 54
  • DSCN3395.JPG
    DSCN3395.JPG
    197.9 KB · Views: 57
  • DSCN3396.JPG
    DSCN3396.JPG
    193.3 KB · Views: 54
  • DSCN3397.JPG
    DSCN3397.JPG
    193.2 KB · Views: 59
Contractor has started on my new Trainroom this week. It's going to be 18 feet wide & 30 ft long. A lot smaller building than my building in Florida. here's a few pictures of the base of the structure. I will keep taking pictures as it's being built. 3-11-23 I hope they get all the Blocks put in today because tomorrow it's supposed to be raining all day. I've already contacted the person that has the layout in storage in Florida to get him to start looking for a truck to rent to haul it all up here. If he decides he doesn't want to make the 520 mile trip I'll have to find someone here to go down & get it w/me as a co driver.
Getting ready to build the woodwork since the Blocks are finished. 3-14-23

Attachments

• DSCN3430.JPG
    DSCN3430.JPG
    166.3 KB · Views: 54
  • DSCN3432.JPG
    DSCN3432.JPG
    200.3 KB · Views: 57
Please explain, I'm confused?
Your original layout that you sold off was located in Florida. Then after to sold most of that off, you moved up north to live with/near a relative?

Then I thought that you recently moved back to Florida, and began a new building to house a new layout?

And that new layout is not a new one you are building, but rather one you are acquiring??

Please explain, I'm confused?
Your original layout that you sold off was located in Florida. Then after to sold most of that off, you moved up north to live with/near a relative?

Then I thought that you recently moved back to Florida, and began a new building to house a new layout?

And that new layout is not a new one you are building, but rather one you are acquiring??
The Layout I sold in 2012 is gone for good. Then I started a new layout in 2017 that I had been working on almost everyday of the week. My wife died in Jan. of 22 & in June I decided to sell my House. I sold it 3 days after Hurricane Ian in October & moved up here to Ga. on Oct. 13th. I started trying to find a contractor to build a building on the end of my Sisters house for my New Train Layout in November of 22. My Trains are still in storage in Florida. After the building here is finished I have to go back to Fla. & pick up everything & bring it back up here to start all over again w/a New Layout w/all the same trains, Scenery, Buildings, Vehicles, Transformers, PC Power supplies, wiring, etc. ,etc. Has this helped to cleared up everything for you?

The Layout I sold in 2012 is gone for good. Then I started a new layout in 2017 that I had been working on almost everyday of the week. My wife died in Jan. of 22 & in June I decided to sell my House. I sold it 3 days after Hurricane Ian in October & moved up here to Ga. on Oct. 13th. I started trying to find a contractor to build a building on the end of my Sisters house for my New Train Layout in November of 22. My Trains are still in storage in Florida. After the building here is finished I have to go back to Fla. & pick up everything & bring it back up here to start all over again w/a New Layout w/all the same trains, Scenery, Buildings, Vehicles, Transformers, PC Power supplies, wiring, etc. ,etc. Has this helped to cleared up everything for you?
Got the Lumber delivered Friday to start on the structure on Monday. 3-19-23

Attachments

• Wood delivered 3-17-23. 2nd pic.JPG
    Wood delivered 3-17-23. 2nd pic.JPG
    175.8 KB · Views: 56
  • Wood delivered 3-17-23.JPG
    Wood delivered 3-17-23.JPG
    179.7 KB · Views: 59
Update for 3-20-23. Floor is nailed down & the wall studs will mostly be up by this Friday.
UPDATE on the Train Room Building. 3-24-23. back of the roof has already shingled & they are starting on the Front. It's supposed to rain starting tomorrow & all the way up to Tuesday night. So they are trying to get all the shingles on today.

Attachments

• 3-24-23 #2.JPG
    3-24-23 #2.JPG
    186.2 KB · Views: 50
  • 3-24-23 #3.JPG
    3-24-23 #3.JPG
    195.8 KB · Views: 54
  • 3-24-23#4.JPG
    3-24-23#4.JPG
    181.5 KB · Views: 48
  • 3-24-23 #1.JPG
    3-24-23 #1.JPG
    136.5 KB · Views: 67
  • 3-24-23#7.JPG
    3-24-23#7.JPG
    137.9 KB · Views: 52
UPDATE on the Train Room Building. 3-24-23. back of the roof has already shingled & they are starting on the Front. It's supposed to rain starting tomorrow & all the way up to Tuesday night. So they are trying to get all the shingles on today.
I added the Dormer on at the last minute yesterday morning & that took up a lot of time away from the roof shingles being nailed down. They finished up all the add ons & all the shingles about 5pm today. All they have to do now is add the wide roof ridge I hope right after it stops raining. It's closed in right now w/a row of shingles to keep the water out. The contractor is going to do the porch under the roof extension in front of the door next week. Looks like no work on the building for about 4 days until it quits raining.

I added the Dormer on at the last minute yesterday morning & that took up a lot of time away from the roof shingles being nailed down. They finished up all the add ons & all the shingles about 5pm today. All they have to do now is add the wide roof ridge I hope right after it stops raining. It's closed in right now w/a row of shingles to keep the water out. The contractor is going to do the porch under the roof extension in front of the door next week. Looks like no work on the building for about 4 days until it quits raining.

The Dormer is a nice touch! Adds tons of character to the front.

The Dormer is a nice touch! Adds tons of character to the front.
I needed a porch on the front anyway & me & the contractor talked it over about adding the Dormer. The porch will be 10ft wide & 6ft deep. Before the porch is finished they are going to build a sidewalk from the garage driveway to a ramp up to the porch instead of stairs. Later on I will probably have the porch screened in. At the back door there will be stairs down to the 8 by 10 shed door which will hold all of my equipment & a work bench. I hope to have a rolling workbench that will fit under a table to work on Train Stuff. I have a 500 pound tool box on wheels for small power tools inside the trainroom in 1 corner.

I needed a porch on the front anyway & me & the contractor talked it over about adding the Dormer. The porch will be 10ft wide & 6ft deep. Before the porch is finished they are going to build a sidewalk from the garage driveway to a ramp up to the porch instead of stairs. Later on I will probably have the porch screened in. At the back door there will be stairs down to the 8 by 10 shed door which will hold all of my equipment & a work bench. I hope to have a rolling workbench that will fit under a table to work on Train Stuff. I have a 500 pound tool box on wheels for small power tools inside the trainroom in 1 corner.
Have to get some Comfy Chairs later out there.

Back