New MP15DC

Habbyguy

Just picked up the most beautiful Loco. An Atlas MP-15DC Southern Rwy of BC, SYR, W/Sound & DCC. It was the only one I could find anywhere. I can not believe how smooth it runs. Way better than anything else I have.
IMG_0923.jpg

I just have one problem. I have a MRC Command 2000. I have tried to change the address without any success. It looks like my 2000 just can not do it. Can anyone confirm this?

Wow that's a really nice switcher, I'm looking for a switcher too, I may get that. What other roads are available for this?

Edit: Nevermind, figured it out. I think Caboose Hobbies has them in stock, gonna go check them out tomorrow. I might come home with one.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ya I got one in Conrail. I also have 2 Athearn Genesis MP-15AC's and its a toss up between the 2. The one Genesis Soo Line did come with a beacon light.

Also I didn't like the fact that I did have to do some assembly on the Atlas. Should have come RTR for the price.

^ya I got one in Conrail. I also have 2 Athearn Genesis MP-15AC's and its a toss up between the 2. The one Genesis Soo Line did come with a beacon light.

Also I didn't like the fact that I did have to do some assembly on the Atlas. Should have come RTR for the price.

What assembly you talking about?

How is the LED lighting?

Notice his pic that he still has to install the front and rear handrails, coupler step, MU stands, horn, sunshades

I think that these units awesome.

Geeeez, that is alot of things to install for an RTR version at that price. Let me know how it goes. I think I'm gonna get one today, I want the all black P&LE paint scheme.

I also have 2 Athearn Genesis MP-15AC's and its a toss up between the 2. The one Genesis Soo Line did come with a beacon light.
why tossup, what issues did you find? as far as beacon light, i have the UP unit and it came without it. is it line specific or genesis production run specific?

Notice his pic that he still has to install the front and rear handrails, coupler step, MU stands, horn, sunshades...
it is neat looking loco but it felt likesome parts are missing from the picture

Would my engine still work with my Command 2000 if a different command station reprogrammed it with a different address? If it will work, is there anyone here that lives in Abbotsford BC that would do me the honors?

why tossup, what issues did you find? as far as beacon light, i have the UP unit and it came without it. is it line specific or genesis production run specific?

it is neat looking loco but it felt likesome parts are missing from the picture

Its a toss up because both are great running units. Atlas has the RTR assembly issue, which to me isn't a big deal

Then I guess the Genesis has a issue with the decoder or sound to movement issue that I have read about online. To me the engine sound does rev up a bit long before the engine actually moves.

I still like all my Atlas/Genesis units and would defiently buy more. Actually I am going to be getting a NS Dash-8 Atlas Gold QSI soon. They are on for an incredible deal right now.

I have 2 of the Gold MP15DC's and love them. All of my Gold loco's needed some detail parts installed. Probably because they're susceptible to damage in transit. It only takes a few minutes to install.

Then I guess the Genesis has a issue with the decoder or sound to movement issue that I have read about online. To me the engine sound does rev up a bit long before the engine actually moves.

That's easily fixable by programming certain CVs.

Back