New Diesel Servicing on the Platte Canyon Sub

grande man

Bonafied Grande Nut
Hi everyone. There's still a few details left to add, but here's the Grande's new diesel servicing facility in Sedalia Colorado. Locos headed west from the Joint Line into the Platte Canyon mining district get the TLC they deserve at the new facility. Eventually, helper units may be based there as well.

Here's a link to the original thread for the construction planning. http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5615
Thanks to everyone who added much needed input. After seeing NYC_George's cut down hopper, one may get added later...;) We were dealing with tight real estate requirements. The trackwork required two Peco curved turnouts. You've heard of selective compression? This wasn't to selective. Everything got compressed. :D

A few pics. :)

421729436_1b789cd0af.jpg

421729434_e23bbe5c3e.jpg

421729431_d785fbc5a8.jpg

Lookn great the GM I'm jealous!! I should be building something instead of waiting for the house.

Ken.

Hi everyone. There's still a few details left to add, but here's the Grande's new diesel servicing facility in Sedalia Colorado. Locos headed west from the Joint Line into the Platte Canyon mining district get the TLC they deserve at the new facility. Eventually, helper units may be based there as well.

Looks Great Grand Man. This month's photo contest just jumped a few levels. Love that inspection pit.

NYC_George

Truly inspiring work, Eric! I'll be needing some engine terminal structures on my layout as well. Tracks are already in place, but I may need to rip some out to put in a small turntable.

Man That's the "PITS!!!" ( I did say pits, right???)

VERY COOL!!!! 3 thumbs up!!!...wooops! I only have 2!...well you know what I mean! :D

Thanks for all the comments. I'm thinking about adding a few more air lines for pneumatic tools (coiled up, laying around) and maybe fashioning a hand pump and hose for one of the foreground 55 gal drums.

BTW, the Prieser roundhouse crew figures are a must have item for anyone interested. :)

5 Stars

Eric, that looks like you planned the area back during the benchwork mode; everything fits perfectly. You and LGM did an excellent job.;) :)

Back