New AMT bilevel cars

efram

Just passed through Montreal yesterday. They have a fleet of new bilevel cars. They seem to resemble the Sumitomo cars MARC runs, sans fluting.

Also seems they either haven't gotten cab cars yet, or they're opting to run locos TGV- style. (They were running 10-12 car trains, with an F59PHi on each end. Only in Montreal. Man I love that place!)

Any info would be great. Nothing on rrpictures yet.

I'm sorry I didn't get pics, but I was driving, it was dark and there was no way I could get out of traffic in time. :(

Happy Holidays!

Oooooh those are sexy! Didn't I see a thread a while back about, maybe it was Rapido, that had these new AMT cars?

They do in that photo, but they seem to have different trucks. Also, they've had ground-level doors installed, at the very ends. This is absent on the GO cars.

These cars were custom designed and spec'd by NJ Transit as they had to fit in the Hudson River and East River tunnels,older bombardier design wouldn't have fit height wise. AMT jumped on with them to order a fleet of there own. AMT also jumped on board and ordered a bunch of ALP45DM's that have yet to be tested. Its a god awfull looking locomotive. AMT also has been leasing a bunch of NJT's older locomotives, GP40FH's and comet passenger cars.

Its nice to see a transportation agency spending so much money on the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bet you they have put 10 chimes cause the air pressure tends to run out at the end of long trains. Maybe it's a tier II horn? :p

Back