My adventures in Ho Scale.

Weekend update: Got the rest of the cork and track laid on the incline through the backdrop.View attachment 175824View attachment 175823
I also did get a little more sub-roadbed completed.
View attachment 175825
Not sure what your plans are for the woodland scenic risers with the roadbed but on a previous layout I had learned to fill in the scenery at least enough so you could lay a layer of plaster cloth over the ws risers to fill in the spline gaps and then lay the cork over the plaster cloth and then the rail, otherwise ballast will just fall down into the abyss.

Not sure what your plans are for the woodland scenic risers with the roadbed but on a previous layout I had learned to fill in the scenery at least enough so you could lay a layer of plaster cloth over the ws risers to fill in the spline gaps and then lay the cork over the plaster cloth and then the rail, otherwise ballast will just fall down into the abyss.
I was just going to plaster cloth up to the cork with a layer.

Tell you the truth, I haven’t thought much past the stage I’m at. :rolleyes:

Got a little more work done today. I added another section of sub-roadbed. and built the backdrop where it exits the hidden area. Didn't attach it yet. I figured I would wait till cork and track were laid. That is tomorrow's project.

Stay tuned!

IMG_1008.jpeg

IMG_1009.jpeg

I didn't make a ton of progress over the last couple of weeks. I did get enough done to do a small update. Just been continuing down the line with some more sub-roadbed and cork.

When I originally set the benchwork up it was for 32" radius curves. It fit within the current dimensions of the table. I have since decided to go with 36" radius curves, so as you can see by the last 2 photos it kind of runs off the table. OOPS! Table width was good, but length is a little lacking. Nothing a little facia wont fix!

IMG_1017.jpeg
IMG_1016.jpeg
IMG_1015.jpeg

Last edited:

Back