MR Forum-Goers' Roll Call

When you do though Matthew, it can start consuming all your time, and take away from what you are in the hobby for, Model Railroading and Railfanning. I find myself visiting the other forums I am subscribed to, but tend to stick to 1 or 2 as my main posting sites. Also don't forget there are millions of YahooGroups out there also with just about any niche you have for your interest in MR or real trains. I belong to one that is for our town, they discuss what trains have been in town, history about the railroads and are now starting a once a month meeting, as well as we get a little political over some issues as they relate to our railroads in town. So if you are needing a lot of doses of railroad stuff, well the web can probably keep you full :)

Good to see you over here, Dave!

Well, I'm off to start my "Railbox-From Start to Finish" thread.

Cjcrescent said:
Dave;

Thought you'd be spending the weekend in Tuscaloosa with Rex?? :confused: :confused: Anyway Welcome and ROLL TIDE!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

:D That's funny... not. BTW, I haven't worked up the nerve to email
Rex yet. Of course, he was pretty quick to drop me one :mad: :D

Man, I hate when trash talk back fires :cool: Glad to see ya, Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got some new articles for the Rosebud Falls Gazette, seeing as how I've never joined any where else than GR at trains.com I'm hesitant about posting here until I get to know some of you.

A little of my background, HO 1966(?), N 1980, G 2003. Built a few layouts and torn them all down each time I moved. I'm now in the "last house I will ever own", next planned move is to the cemetery. Trains in the garden here, not enough room in the house.

ttrigg said:
I've got some new articles for the Rosebud Falls Gazette, seeing as how I've never joined any where else than GR at trains.com I'm hesitant about posting here until I get to know some of you.

A little of my background, HO 1966(?), N 1980, G 2003. Built a few layouts and torn them all down each time I moved. I'm now in the "last house I will ever own", next planned move is to the cemetery. Trains in the garden here, not enough room in the house.

Mhmmm, Oceanside I see? Well you'll run into a few of us regulars from that area, Me @ Miramar, and Lady_railfan from Carlsbad, who's also a G-scaler... Welcome abord, and don't be to shy!

Hello to all at this forum and thank you for the warm welcome. I am also a refugee from MR. It’s nice to see some familiar names here, Hello Grande man, GrandpaCoyote, Space Mouse, Uspscsx, and anyone I might have missed! While waiting for my registration to be activated I was looking around and I like what I see, lots of topics to chose from and it’s not that hard to get around even being new here. I do have to say thanks to the lock down, and Grand Mans invitation I was able to find this forum and see that there is more than one place to get information that will help me with my trains, and maybe some day with more experience I can share something with you all. Even if the problem over there is resolved I would like to stay with both forums if that’s ok with the regulars here.
Again thank you all for the welcome. :)

Hey, I'm here too.

I have a question ... anybody on here more than just an MR forum refugee, but more of a moderator or admin status around here?

Reason for asking is if anyone who has some pull over here would be interested in some of the forum clinics material getting posted over here too? And what about a "classics" forum or some sort of sticky for those sorts of things?

Thanks to David Thurman who sent me an invite, I too made it! I've changed my logon ID to Railphotog from FundyNorthern on the MR form as I use this in several other forums/location. I wasn't sure if I could change my MR ID and maintain my number of posts (over1400).

Hope Kalmbach doesn't drop the forums, but do wish there was more moderation, especially in the endless polls. They could be eliminated and probably only the junior members who have nothing else to contribute would miss them.

I see the Atlas forum is also down on Sunday morning!

Welcome aboard Bob, I hope you'll post some of your photos here on this board. In the Header at top of the page, there are links to MRF's sister forums RailroadForums and the SteamPreservation you might be also interested in. There are seperate photo gallerys for each forum

13.gif
Willis

jfugate said:
Hey, I'm here too.

I have a question ... anybody on here more than just an MR forum refugee, but more of a moderator or admin status around here?

Reason for asking is if anyone who has some pull over here would be interested in some of the forum clinics material getting posted over here too? And what about a "classics" forum or some sort of sticky for those sorts of things?

Joe, you need to run that by modelbob. You might consider posting the offer in Forum Help and Information. Otherwise, just post them in the appropriate forums. Welcome aboard!

Hi Joe and welcome aboard. Yes this forum has quite a few moderators, in fact you might say it is quite heavily moderated, but since the members here behave themselves, moderators are not so visible :D If you wish to start a clinic on any topic, for eg. SCENERY open a thread in Benchwork and Scenery located in the Layout Design and Operation section.
The thread could be made sticky very easily but it takes a very long time for a thread to fall off the end in this type of forum. Soon as some one posts to the thread it goes to the top of the active list. To cut to the chase, give a clinic a try, Modelbob will read your post and I'm sure he will reply shortly.
Don't worry too much if a thread started in one location would be better located in another, because they can be moved with your permission and with little trouble. So enjoy and participate, your input is very welcome and I for one, as many others here, would participate in your clinics.

13.gif
Willis

Yes. What CBCNSfan (Willis) said. :)

I'll add just a little more background. ModelRailroadForums is a fairly recent creation --- we used to be part of RailroadForums.com, but we sort of "got lost in the crowd" over there, so now we have our own home here --- same format, same friendly people.

We welcome all you Trains refugees, and we're very happy that you found us. We "moderators" are just part of the gang here. If you want to know who we are, click the "Forum Leaders" link at the bottom of the index page that comes up when you enter the forums. A green dot next to a name indicates which mods are online. We try to be receptive to members' comments and suggestions, so feel free to tell us your ideas.

As you've seen, we have many outstanding modelers here. We hope you'll like what you see, and stay with us.

Yay! Another North County Guy!

Welcome, ttrigg! Have you discovered the San Diego Garden Railway Society? Nice bunch of people with some fabulous layouts.

We're considering an Open House to show off my little layout (not enough room in our yard for a GRR meeting), so I'll let you know when that happens.

Back