MR Forum-Goers' Roll Call

To tell you the truth, I'm starting to feel a little nervous here. It seems more formal than the MR forum and I'm starting to worry if my posts are up to your high standards. Maybe it's just because it's such a nice form, or maybe it's something else.
Matthew

TrainboyH16-44 said:
To tell you the truth, I'm starting to feel a little nervous here. It seems more formal than the MR forum and I'm starting to worry if my posts are up to your high standards. Maybe it's just because it's such a nice form, or maybe it's something else.
Matthew

Matthew,

Just start posting your questions, comment and get your self going, look at it like a big pool and it's a liitle cold outside, onece you jump in, all the way, the waters fine, so JUMP IN...

Trainboy

Weren't you the one I mentioned the internet railroad scanner site too? If so, jump on line to the LA Basin radio, the surfer dude is dispatching, very humorous (sp)

I know what you mean about the pool, but I didn't feel this way with the MR forum. Well, we'll just have to see, eh? Leaving isn't something I'd like to do right now, so I guess you'll be stuck with me for a while longer!
Matthew

TrainboyH16-44 said:
Matthew

Oh shush go ahead and post!!!

It seems more formal than the MR forum and I'm starting to worry if my posts are up to your high standards.
Hi Matthew, also all new members. Really all the standards(?) boil down too is do not make a personal attack on another member, Do not post obscene photos or use obscene language online. This a family orientated forum open to all ages (well that can use a computer and are interested in Model Rail)
You may disagree anyone even with the moderators, and present your point of view ( moderators are just members who want to keep it clean for everyone). We are all human therefore prone to mistakes, it's a human trait. Really all it boils down to here, is keep it civil and keep it clean, really thats all you have to remember to stay out of trouble. One more thing that is important to us, is never post someone elses work pretending that it is your own, this includes photos. In the case of photos that are not one's own, permission from the owner is required and stated in your post, this is a legal matter. You may post a link to another site that has the photo you wish other members to view, that is acceptable. As I said mistakes are made, they get corrected, and the member is informed by private message of what was done and why. There has been spammers banned, but most of us here only want to discuss modelling and exchange ideas. From the index page you see a lot of catagories and forums as compared to some of the faster forums where topics get buried and drop off out of sight never to be viewed again. It takes nuch longer for that to happen here and this a good thing. I noted that several topics that haven't been posted too in months, are now active by new members posting to them.
This forum can be as speedy as you'd like it to be, BUT it requires memberst To POST, Use the drop down menu under "Active Topics" to view the latest posts from the whole site. Hope this helps to alleviate any fears members have about posting to a topic, and you can always ask :D

And your posts are fine, as is everyone else's keep posting :D

13.gif
Willis

ArtHill Here. Missed you guys (and gals) How do you do those neat heading pics? I have added a little to the hunting scene, will post as soon as I determine how.

ARTHILL said:
ArtHill Here. Missed you guys (and gals) How do you do those neat heading pics? I have added a little to the hunting scene, will post as soon as I determine how.

Art Howdy!

Good to see you here :)

Look up top and to the left for: User CP click that and pick: Edit Avatar

Okay, I made it, but this is a whole new experience for me--I mean the way this is set up. We'll see how well I can conquer this one. But for now, I'm here.
TWhite
Tom

TWhite said:
Okay, I made it, but this is a whole new experience for me--I mean the way this is set up. We'll see how well I can conquer this one. But for now, I'm here.
TWhite
Tom

Glad you're here, Tom. Some folks like the thumbnails. I usually just post em the old fashioned way, straight from picturetrail like we always did before. You can too if you're more comfortable with that.

grande man said:
Glad you're here, Tom. Some folks like the thumbnails. I usually just post em the old fashioned way, straight from picturetrail like we always did before. You can too if you're more comfortable with that.

Thanks, Eric. Actually, this won't take as much getting used to as I initially thought. One question, however--I notice most of you have a logo at the top with your sign-in name. How'd you do that? It looks very cool and I'd like to do the same.

Tom

113475947.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
TWhite said:
TWhite
Tom

Glad to see you made on over Tom

TWhite said:
TWhite
Tom

Howdy Tom,

Glad you made it, pull up a chair and sit a spell.

TWhite said:
Thanks, Eric. Actually, this won't take as much getting used to as I initially thought. One question, however--I notice most of you have a logo at the top with your sign-in name. How'd you do that? It looks very cool and I'd like to do the same.

Tom

113475947.jpg

Go up to the "user CP" button at the top left of the page. After you click it, select edit avitar and take your choice.

Very nice pic, BTW. Mind telling us a little more about it?

Toms digital camera must be behaving for him, the shots look great.

Back