Modified Central Midland - Test Run

Got back to work on the layout already this year!!! Have been doing a lot of Ballast and even though my daughter is getting married in December I am getting some quality modeling in. It has been too long and I am geared up to get a lot done. Hopefully in a few weeks I get you some new pictures. :eek:

Eric, wondered where you have been. Looking forward to your contributions. Have fun at the wedding. Is the future son-in-law a modeler?
Wayne

Here are some updated images .

file-20.jpg

Looks as though you decided to include a 'roundhouse scene' in a similar manner/location as I did.
http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/showthread.php?8141-Problems-with-quot-The-Central-Midland-quot-Atlas-HO-29-layout-w-Pics/page2

my scene 2.jpg

my roundhose scene.jpg

Attachments

• my scene 2.jpg
    my scene 2.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 197
  • my roundhose scene.jpg
    my roundhose scene.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 196
Last edited by a moderator:
I always wondered about some sidings or industry/city trackage opposite the wye, if I had the room.

I still may have some room to add on but not a lot, I have already pushed as far as I can go without taking away some of the walk around room. I have done a lot of ballast work over the past few days and wow it makes a big difference . I should have the rest of the track done by the end of the week ( I Hope) If I can get all that done then I can start heavy into the details . I have put up a lot more trees than pictured, I have to update some photos. Spent a lot of time yesterday organizing my work bench and getting things cleaned up. Amazing how much better it feels and looks when you do some housekeeping on your layout. Now I don't feel so disorganized.

OK as I promised I finally got off my butt and took some new pictures. I have been working hard the last 2 weeks on the layout . I wanted to get all of the ballast done before I do anything else and I almost got it done. I did in the process added 2 spurs and added some trees. You will see in one photo that I have a removable scenery panel for access where the highway bridge comes in. Amazing how much better the trains run when you have ballast down and the track is now secure. hope you enjoy them.

DSC_6059_zps182185f4.jpg

DSC_6087_zpsa263708f.jpg

DSC_6086_zps447851e5.jpg

DSC_6085_zpsd49be1c1.jpg

DSC_6084_zpsf6ee6222.jpg

DSC_6082_zps96f5a848.jpg

DSC_6074_zps3885ded4.jpg

DSC_6072_zpse2a4fef2.jpg

DSC_6068_zps91ece75f.jpg

DSC_6062_zpsb169e808.jpg

Eric, really looks great!! You've not only got a decent sized layout, that you sort of designed yourself, but it's sceniced too!! Congrats-I'm kind of jealous.

It is a challenging layout but with the improvements it is a great layout. A little tight but you can still run some select big stuff. More pictures coming soon

Back