Modified Central Midland - Test Run

Here are some Pictures from Photobucket . I still have more on my gallery link.
http://gallery.me.com/pohlmans#100217

DSC_0042.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

file-12.jpg

file-7.jpg

file-8.jpg

file-11.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Eric,
Your modifications of the Central Midland inspired me to consider a modified version of this plan as part of a larger layout I'm currently planning. I enjoy looking at your photos. Great job! I'm probably going to utilize some sort of modified Central Midland for the 'Scranton (PA) area of my 'Philly & Scranton' HO layout. Keep up the good work!

Carl

Thanks Carl,
Hopefully this weekend I will get some more pics up. Since we have nothing but rain I have worked a lot on scenery these past two weeks, got quite a bit done and the layout sure is taking on a new look. I will try to get them posted in the next few days. Good luck on your layout.
Eric

Midland modified

Eric, actually I am moving forward, track is finally done and everything works nicely, reversers couplers etc. Weighted cars with metal wheels are tracking nice and the derails are few and far between. Backing into the yard is a prototypical test but it works. I have one bridge I dont like which I will straighten the right of way just as you did.. Scenery was started in the same are where your turntable is. I am developing that into an industrial area, large LPG distributor so far which can handle a couple of large LPG tankers at once. There will be a warehouse and something else yet. I used caboose throws on my turnouts in that area.
Actually I got sidetracked this past winter with a Free-Mo module that I had some fun with. We have a Free-Mo group called "The Western Reserve Free-Mo Gruop" and we had a setup first of April. I'll post a picture. I am getting back on track with the Midland however its time for Control Line Model airplanes now so its going to be difficult. I am retiring on 12/31 so my time will be more flexible.
Wayne

Looking good , keep me posted. My Central is taking the look of the Kentucky / Tennessee hillsides and roads. Always love driving through there, simple life look. Maybe even try to post some pictures tonight.

Okay here are a few pictures of what I have done this last few weeks. Some of the pictures are fuzzy. Sorry I did some quick photos so they don't come out as good as when I spend time to do them better;

Here is an overview.
file-8.jpg

My city park ( Remember this is all raw layout
file-10.jpg

Heading out of the city ( notice to the right is a "access area" )
file.jpg

The dance at the Gazebo
file-6.jpg

Dual tunnels
file-4.jpg

The Drive -In - This is under going major changes. I am building a realistic movie screen and working a hidden mini projector to make it more realistic
file-11.jpg

Play Ball - I need to get a better picture because this came out real nice
file-15.jpg

Backdrops are temp - planning a whole wall backdrop
file-13.jpg

That is about it for now. I have posted these on photobucket if you want to view all. As I do more I will post.

Eric

Absolutely love that drive-in idea. Never seen one on a layout before. Very cool.

Oh, and love that gazebo too!

Last edited by a moderator:
Latest?

Eric,
Was wondering what's the latest with your layout? I'm still working on the trackplan to turn the Central Midland into Scranton-Clark's Summit, PA. Will post the trackplan, if you're interested.
Have a good weekend!
Carl

Carl if you go back a page on this thread you can see some updated pictures plus you can go to my photobucket page and view. Getting ready to leave on vacation right now so I have not done a lot in the past week or so but it is coming along. I would love to see the track plan if you can post it.

It has been a crazy summer and busy winter. It stinks I have not done much since June. I have not had a lot of time due to trying to get my daughters house done and just plain being busy. I need some time to get back to this layout. Hopefully by the end of this month and February I can get a lot done. I am way behind on what I wanted to have done.

Central Midland

Eric, thanks for the picture update. We need to keep things moving. keep in touch.
Thanks
Wayne

.... Since I collect trains any hope of a dedicated year or railroad is out the window, I like them all. So the railroad is dubbed " The Any Era Railroad" .

Eric, I was just reading back thru your subject thread and noted this comment. I feel the same. I would tell folks that my RR went from the east coast to west coast, so all RR lines could be found.

But I really like steam engines the most. I've just about decided that its better to run doulbe-headed small steam engines than the long articulated ones. I like double 4-8-2 Mountains.

It has been a crazy summer and busy winter. It stinks I have not done much since June. I have not had a lot of time due to trying to get my daughters house done and just plain being busy. I need some time to get back to this layout. Hopefully by the end of this month and February I can get a lot done. I am way behind on what I wanted to have done.

Man I feel you on that one. We havent worked on the layout since April basically, since my work is seasonal now. Between April and November 30 I basically have no time to devote to the layout. But now since we got laid off, we've been "workin on the raiiiilllroaaaaddd" lol. The best thing about our hobby, is that you can leave it for a while and come back and pick it up right where you left off like it was yesterday.

Finally getting some time to work on the layout again;) . I have been tweaking the track again and got it all the way I want it now , things are running about 95% flawless ( I think that is pretty good) . My goals is to really get the main scenery done so that I can get into details. Thought I would post an update for those following this thread. Having fun again.

Back