modern model railroads

Having worked with UAVs on the tactical level in Iraq, the division level assets we had had limitations. The Predators, had more range than ours but they had limits as well. There are probably some that have longer range, but talking with the pilots they didn't know of any that the military uses. I know you can remote them from stations along a route and extend their ranges, but who really knows for certain what our spooks have.

...but who really knows for certain what our spooks have.

First, thanks for your service to our county. Indeed, the spooks have all kinds of things the folks like us don't know about. I have a nephew who is "Somewhere in the Middle East" and working on UVAS with an "Unamed Third Country" - he says he can't tell me anything more because he'd have to kill me. :) The one thing he did say is there is at least one intercontinental unmanned vehicle right now that he could literally fly right to my house in Alabama without leaving his console in the "Unnamed Third Country". Apparently the military is working on same amazing things that will eventually become availabe for civilian uses, like railroad remote control, just to bring us back where we started. :D

Back