Michigan Central UNLIMITED

I knew someone was, just couldn't be B*****d going back through all the posts to find out. It's good that all that stuff is well out the way. Someone else on here's got a cleanout for his drainpipe sitting right above his tracks.

OUCH! Oh, well, ya gotta do...

22 fresh 12 footers of 1x4 IN HOUSE! Those boys got the HOOK UP! Shoulda been going there the whole time!
WIN_20150930_104654.JPG

NICE boards for less than 5 bucks a pop! CLEAN yard and they let me pik through em for as long as it took! Only kicked back a few that I looked at and those WOULD be 'ok' if I did not have a REAL stickler putting this together with me!

Pretty soon you will be able to put up the toll booth.
Just remember to get a s#%*load of dimes ahead of time!

Pretty soon you will be able to put up the toll booth.
Just remember to get a s#%*load of dimes ahead of time!

"Rock Ridge" is being designed as we speak, my sis is a HUGE Mel Brooks fan and WILL be putting one on my layout if I like it or not and I DO!
imageshangman.jpgI MUST model a Gallows that will hold a Man and a Horse!

The entire 30 feet of 'back' wall is now 'shelved'!
WIN_20151002_214457.JPGTwo legs will be added though they really are not needed it is SO tight to the wall! Gotta LOOK good!

Glad to see you are still working on the layout - it is coming together very well!

Thanks! The ENORMITY of what I actually am doing is beginning to become apparent!
WIN_20151002_210145.JPGShot from the workbench to the back wall.

Attachments

• WIN_20151002_214457.JPG
    WIN_20151002_214457.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 133
What you are taking on is no small feat Sir, that is for sure.

It's scary now! Before I was just waiving my hands "I want shelf here and all the way to HERE, and table over here!!" NOW the thing is becoming real and WOW I wanted THIS??? OK!!!

Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it!

WIN_20151003_222916.JPGClose up of what we came up with to hold the legs to the wall,3 1/2" carriage bolts at both ends and counter sunk screws everywhere else! 3" screws to hold it to the wall with 1 5/8" holding the frame together and 1 1/4" screws holding the 1x4 pieces of leg together. Just in case anybody wants to do it this way that is what we used.
WIN_20151003_223717.JPGLOL! The Wife came down and went WIDE eyed! NOW she begins to understand what is going on around here!
It should not have been such a surprise to her, she DID help paint the room!
I HAVE been talking this up a bit, and it is (Shockingly!) living up to expectations!

There's got'ta be room in there for a peninsula (or two even).

LOL! Nice try! No way am I trying anything supercool like what you got going with that project. This will not quite be anything like that!

Going to have Sis paint a 'Makinaw Bridge' on the wall to simulate passage to the UPPER peninsula of Michigan.

"Abstract" and 'non-proto' by design is the 'feel' I'll be going for. Knowing already that my scenery REQUIREMENTS are minimal saves me the heartache of trying and failing. OPERATIONS are what I'll be doing most of the time and is my main focus. Scenery has always been a secondary aspect. (for ME) I admire to the skies the skill it takes to do what y'all do. It's just 'not my thing'.

You can learn how to build scenery. We all started off as novices at one time. We all gain skills as we work on out layouts. I have some areas that were done over 20 years ago and some time in the future I plan on going back to older areas and freshen up the scenery.

Look at how Eric has improved since he started his layout. He sure has improved in a short period of time. Trains look so much better running through some kind of scenery.

Like the progress.

The 'end' turn looking at the 'scenery area' where all the glue and paint and anything related to that area will be.
WIN_20151004_172053.JPG
Plenty of room to turn the 'big boys' around.
WIN_20151004_172104.JPG

NG, peninsulars, especially in a room the size of yours, give not only the opportunity to have an industry or industries that are easily accessible from 2 sides and the end, but also a means to turn trains around (reverse directions) through the use of a "Y" where they connect to the main layout. Consider it for the future.

NG, peninsulars, especially in a room the size of yours, give not only the opportunity to have an industry or industries that are easily accessible from 2 sides and the end, but also a means to turn trains around (reverse directions) through the use of a "Y" where they connect to the main layout. Consider it for the future.

No options will be off THIS table! I tried to take a pic and realized I CAN'T because it can not be seen in it's entirety from one spot!

A vid was rejected as 'file too big' so a series of pics will have to suffice. I will try to get a few in the morning.

Back