Max Track Voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mainly want more volts, as more volts should make the train go faster.

To answer the original question - use the O gauge setting if you want more volts. Your engine should really get up and go !

A 12 volt motor will handle 24 volts just fine .... that's how we built our slot car dragsters back in the day. They were REALLY fast ! They didn't last a long time though.

Remember, a decoder drops 1.4 volts through the bridge rectifier, so whatever you are measuring on the rails is 1.4 volts less available to the motor through the decoder. If you have 13.8 volts on the rails, you have 12.4 volts available through the decoder - which is usually optimum for a 12 volt motor.

Mark.

I highly doubt that they would set the CV value lower. Not to mention that changing CV values is more along the lines of taking a shot in the dark.
So the one suggestion made that applies directly to the real question, you just disregard and ASSUME it won't work. I don't think it will be set less than the full value either, but it is such a simple thing to check. To just blow it off like that ..... Who looks childish?

So the one suggestion made that applies directly to the real question, you just disregard and ASSUME it won't work. I don't think it will be set less than the full value either, but it is such a simple thing to check. To just blow it off like that ..... Who looks childish?

Shut up. You are still making irrelevant remarks. Nothing in your comment is related to the issue at hand. Perhaps he already tried it or perhaps he is running the train in analog DC.

I am new here and all I see is a bunch of stupid immature old timers bashing a younger member because they are jealous of what he is doing and what he knows. Instead of address the voltage in which the motor would burn up everything else but is being discussed.

If this community is like this I am going to leave. I rather be with a smaller group of intellectuals instead of immature morons.

Nuclear sounds like the only reasonable person here with a brain. He sounds more mature than the rest. ANSWER THE QUESTION ABOUT TRACK VOLTAGE AND HOW HIGH YOU CAN GO WITHOUT BURNING UP THE MOTOR OR GET XXX XXXX XXX.

Last edited by a moderator:
I fail to see how anything that anyone has said to Nuc is jealousy? In what way could you possibly consider it to be jealousy? And as to what Nuc KNOWS, for working in the motor industry, it does not seem like much. I am not trying to be inflammatory or derogatory, but even when Selector (who, in my experience, is one of the best modellers and most intelligent people on this forum) tried to explain the amperage vs. voltage relationship Nuc refused to see the point. So, for as much as I care, let Nuc go and put 120v service to his track right from the wall, because his original question asked if he could do something, and the replies not only explained that he "could" but why he shouldn't. From the answers I saw to this thread Nuc's questions were completely answered. As far as the other stuff (On30 speeds and such) that is just background info that the responders were trying to gather to try to determine the potential motivation behind Nuc wanting his trains to go around the track at a scale 200mph. It helps in answering such questions to gather that kind of info, because then it can be explained why the problem is not necessary. Lastly, if Nuc is going to directly ignore a piece of advice to check numbers or anything (for troubleshooting purposes), he cannot claim that his problem has been investigated and state that no one has been helpful. If he chooses to ignore a suggestion for a troubleshooting step, that is HIS problem, not the problem of the person who suggested the step. And before you go saying that I am just another old fart who can't see things any way but my own, I am 24 years old. This entire thread has pushed my buttons. I have never failed to be helped in this forum by the many members who dedicate their time to helping each other in our hobby, and it is wrong to suggest that these guys were not trying to help you.

There, rant over...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back