Mail Call! Railway Post Office, commonly abbreviated as RPO has rolled in!

I've just received this tonight, thought it would look good on either of my goods shed's.

20221004_192925.jpg
20221004_192952.jpg

Where did you find PWRS cars? I made the mistake of applying for an ID on there website. Yeash. One would have thought I was trying to get the keys to Fort Knox.
Iron Horseman

I currently have 10 sets of PWRS cars. I have been hooked on these cars by Intermountain PWRS. The details are just fantastic. I have been finding some on FB Marketplace mostly. Once in a great while I will find reasonable price ones on ebay. This last set I just posted came from ebay. It was listed incorrectly and I just happened to stumble on it. I too have an ID to PWRS and I get their emails and what not. I have a few things on pre order as well. Tough working with them at first. Most of the stuff they have on their web page is either sold out or pre order. They never have anything in stock. It was explained to me they pre order and sometimes they order extra but sell out everytime. So when you get their email and you see something you like order right away or you will miss out.

Notice on this set I just got and posted above......if you look closely one of the cars (the middle car #717601) came from the factory with grafiti already on it just like the prototype picture on the back of the box......really cool!

Intermountain cars are now one of my favorites considering quality and prices are better than most. Lately Athearn is stepping up their game but so are their prices which sucks. Scale Trains is great but expensive. Anyhow it's a crap shoot everytime when on ebay. I am still looking for 2 bay hoppers but that's about it.

In regards to Scale Trains I would like to get 2 of those finger flat cars they made but they are now running 100 bucks each in today's market and nope I aint gonna pay that. Normally they would be about 45....

Good luck!

Last edited:
Worst part of my job is waiting around, so I inevitably end up doing some retail therapy.

Memorial to a railwayman.

20221008_101256.jpg

Small junk pile.

20221008_101233.jpg

Wood piles and Cairn.

20221008_101333.jpg

Trackside Coal/Sand bunker with old rail ties and other miscellaneous items.

20221008_101158.jpg

Signal Box and interior.

20221008_102257.jpg
20221008_102318.jpg

The Construction site I ordered has arrived, sort of, I was out and so missed Mr Postman, so I'll collect that hopefully next Tuesday, but even so every construction site needs workers.

20221008_102335.jpg

And every rail yard needs road transportation.

20221008_101433.jpg

Last edited:
Iron Horseman

I too have an ID to PWRS and I get their emails and what not. I have a few things on pre order as well. Tough working with them at first. Most of the stuff they have on their web page is either sold out or pre order.
It was just too hard navigating the web site. After my 30 minute indoctrination session I only ever tried to get back in once. I knew I could never remember all that stuff and have never even attemped again.

Good Evening!
For those of you that don't partake in the Coffee Shop. Met with Chet today and he decided he wanted to keep all of his Logan Valley in one place instead of breaking it up into onezee and twozee sales. CoastalOverland was able to negotiate a good price for the equipment and will deal with any problems with it. The LVRR was at a little more distance than the other railroads ( NP, SP&S, GN and others) it acquired before the big BN merger, as it was determined that the equipment as pretty serviceable.

First pix is non-LVRR equipment, the 3 truck Shay and the switcher to the right of it are DCC:
IMGP0485.JPG

We think that the next pix is all of the power and a few cabeese.
IMGP0486.JPG

And finally, rolling stock, assorted passenger cars along with boom crane and a RDC to boot.
IMGP0487.JPG

Oops, that F unit should have been in the 1st pix and I think the RDC is LVRR....
Note that almost all of his equipment is weathered .... geesh NOW I have to do my stuff. Anybody have extra time to weather somewhere around 400 cars, 75ish engines?

I am not including the price I paid as Chet may have other stuff for sale and I would not want to seed the negotiations. It is up to him to bring that to light if he chooses. He still has boxes of buildings, trees, people, cars and more rolling stock. When he feels better you may see some in the forsale section.

Later

Back