Mail Call! Railway Post Office, commonly abbreviated as RPO has rolled in!

Just bought 24 LBF/E&C Bathtub gondolas/coalporters in Conrail paint…of course. Pics to follow soon.
Update, the seller found 4 more of these cars and included them at no additional cost. What an awesome person this guy is. All he asked for was pictures and video of them on my layout. These 28 cars are all un-assembled kits. Add these to the 24 I already have and… well, it’s going to look frickin’ sweet!!

Update, the seller found 4 more of these cars and included them at no additional cost. What an awesome person this guy is. All he asked for was pictures and video of them on my layout. These 28 cars are all un-assembled kits. Add these to the 24 I already have and… well, it’s going to look frickin’ sweet!!
You'll have to add fotos and video here when you've got them all up and running or we might get annoyed at being left out. :D

Bring us up to date. Is the Logan Valley defunct or just culling the fleet?
Layout is now all in boxes. Chet was not happy with the way Gallatin Gateway ( between Bozeman and Yellowstone ) was going. The Gateway was taking in *tons* of new people and the construction that brings. All the fields around him started growing condo's and such. Moved into my neck of the woods ...um... 5 months ago into a smaller abode with no room for that layout. He may have room for a small bedroom layout either switching or something around the walls. I suspect that he does not want some sort of liftout or swing bridge to get into it, so probably small shelf switching IF he decides to go that way. He has 'running rights' on my layout come the time when something can be run. He probably will add to the above what I have missed or is not correct.

In case you don't remember, my layout ( Coastal Overland ) was created by an oil company ( Coastal Oil ) to prevent disruption of service from the refinery West to the docks and points East. Coastal Oil saw the writing on the wall before the big BN merger and acquired RoW, buildings and power from the local existing GN, NP, SP&S along with power and revenue units from UP, SI, PCE and a few others. The Logan Valley could be added utilizing it's power and revenue units with *some* contracts for freight delivery along the CORR RoW. So it was easy to absorb and keep it alive; sorta speak.

Later

It begins…
03660F39-919F-41E8-960B-A4146616095E.jpeg

It was just too hard navigating the web site. After my 30 minute indoctrination session I only ever tried to get back in once. I knew I could never remember all that stuff and have never even attemped again.
I have an ID too but opted outof emails. Once a week I go to the site and log in.

Go to advanced search, select a scale, select stock only, type in the keyword field and press enter. Very simple. There are more fields if you want to be more specific

I have in the last 5 years been purchasing from them. But sale items only or impossible to get elsewhere but must have items

I want to buy this, but
D1EC1855-BDC2-49DA-BC4C-E0536DD50BCC.jpeg

I have been following for at least a couple years but just never have seemed to be able to pull the trigger and now I have a major upgrade in the paper mill complex in the works. I am conflicked!

Steel Mills Modelers Supply has some more items out I will use in the paper mill and just announced he has a bunch of environmental control devices coming soon

These are due in to me next week

785978D3-0E70-438C-9DF3-3434C6FB5949.jpeg
A726FB51-8F26-4D5F-BA18-806D1E3AC186.jpeg

I want to buy this, but
View attachment 153539

I have been following for at least a couple years but just never have seemed to be able to pull the trigger and now I have a major upgrade in the paper mill complex in the works. I am conflicked!

Steel Mills Modelers Supply has some more items out I will use in the paper mill and just announced he has a bunch of environmental control devices coming soon

View attachment 153540View attachment 153541

I have one and love it! Great care and detail was put into the OTM Tracker by Justin. He is very good at what he does.

Last edited:
I have one and love it! Great care and detail was put into the OTM Tracker by Justin. He is very good at what he does.

I think the main reason I have not ordered one is I want to use it in the pulp yard and I have not figured a way to modify it for my use

oh well

I want to buy this, but
View attachment 153539

View attachment 153540View attachment 153541
Is that another pre-order item that might arrive in fall 2027?

Back