Mail Call! Railway Post Office, commonly abbreviated as RPO has rolled in!

I have long had an interest in French Railways but was not impressed by offerings from the usual manufacturers of French trains.
My usual model shop is an agency for the new firm REE and after seeing their models I decided to go with them and convert my current layout to a continental style.
This is one of three locos I have , a 141 which is in usual terms a 2-8-2 or Mikado.

View attachment 173854

The loco has DCC sound, synchronized puffing smoke , Cylinder drain steam and the linkage to the feed water pump and the speedometer are there.
View attachment 173855

The tender has Briquettes as well as coal as per prototype.

View attachment 173856

As a bonus it came with a train !

I have disposed of a lot of my other items but have kept some of my favorites such as my Hiawatha collection and my U.P. Turbines of which I have all examples except the coal burning version.
But this arrived this morning.
View attachment 173857

View attachment 173858

Colin.
I like those french steam locomotives. The French had their own style (little on the abstract side just like their cars) and their steam locomotives were very handsome.

Last edited:
Had lunch with the Son in Laws dad this afternoon just a few miles from Hiawatha Hobbies. Stopped for a couple things…

thank goodness Hiawatha is 72 miles away, what a great Hobby Shop

IMG_1458.jpeg

These little people came in the mail yesterday. I can't believe all three for $6.00 on ebay, plus only $2 shipping? Pinch me, I need to wake up because this never happens: (They usually charge $9 a piece plus 5.95 shipping)

View attachment 174265

I had the man with the sack on my old layout, somewhere along the way he got lost,

The middle person is a petite woman sitting, holding her purse, and the third is a railroad worker holding on to a railing. He is going on the SW-1. The woman will be at one of the depots and not sure where the man with the sack is going, maybe walking to my hobo camp.

Dave LASM

That's an amazing find as these are really hard to come by! Wow Kudos to you !

Finally found the CN Caboose decals I've been looking for, in Canada of course, so got these, the Passenger decals were simply to make it worth the postage, and, of course, Murphy's Law, the day these arrived I got an eBay alert that someone in he UK had posted 3 set's of CN caboose decals. :(

1695465971239.png

My fiancé and I were out shopping at Savers today and I came across this 36’ Fowler boxcar! I know nothing about them but it’s brand new and I thought it looked interesting. My wallet and I discussed how many unnecessary purchases I made this month and decided since I already made too many, one more couldn’t hurt haha.

IMG_6093.jpeg

My fiancé and I were out shopping at Savers today and I came across this 36’ Fowler boxcar! I know nothing about them but it’s brand new and I thought it looked interesting. My wallet and I discussed how many unnecessary purchases I made this month and decided since I already made too many, one more couldn’t hurt haha.

View attachment 174570
Nice find and those wood sides with steel beam box cars are so much more interesting than new waffle side looking ones of today

View attachment 174570
That’s the spirit. Occasionally you must tell the wallet what to do. Congrats on a nice buy

These arrived today, another bottle of Zap-a-Gap, and VMS dullcoat, (I should have got one of Satin too but forgot).
Also this Atlas Cumberland Chemical 3 bay Hopper.

1695845075859.png

The Hopper does have some issues quite a large glue mark on one end, (the white marks are the light reflection off the glue and it was in the description, so.....) also it seems there is a valve of some type missing from the other end. But I paid about $9 for it, so I wasn't expecting it to be in pristine condition anyway.

1695845397430.png

1695845497829.png

These arrived today, another bottle of Zap-a-Gap, and VMS dullcoat, (I should have got one of Satin too but forgot).

The Hopper does have some issues quite a large glue mark on one end, (the white marks are the light reflection off the glue and it was in the description, so.....) also it seems there is a valve of some type missing from the other end. But I paid about $9 for it, so I wasn't expecting it to be in pristine condition anyway.
Are you going to apply the dullcote with an airbrush?

View attachment 174606

View attachment 174607

View attachment 174608
Chris. Make your own statin, some gloss mixed wit’s the Matte makes statin.

View attachment 174570
At that price it would have been a crime to pass up. Doubt you can find a better deal anywhere.

These arrived today, the GP38 and caboose are in pristine condition, and I mean pristine, not a mark on it anywhere, usually I'll give it a service, add a decoder and upgrade the headlight, this, I don't know, I don't want to touch it if I'm honest.

Athearn GP38.jpg

My first Bowser Locomotive, and man have I missed the boat with Bowser, great model the detail is amazing, and sounds fantastic.

1696081717149.png

These arrived today, the GP38 and caboose are in pristine condition, and I mean pristine, not a mark on it anywhere, usually I'll give it a service, add a decoder and upgrade the headlight, this, I don't know, I don't want to touch it if I'm honest.

View attachment 174687

My first Bowser Locomotive, and man have I missed the boat with Bowser, great model the detail is amazing, and sounds fantastic.

View attachment 174688
Bowser has always been great. From their steam locomotives kits to today's super detailed diesels. The diesels are so detailed, it's scary to pick them up. There are rumors that their store is closing, so who ever didn't make it to their store, I highly recommend it.

I have always heard great things about Bowser locomotives. I don't own any as they haven't made much to fit my era that isn't long sold out.

Back