Mail Call! Railway Post Office, commonly abbreviated as RPO has rolled in!

Modern present day.

I know they have made a few things that I could have used but have sold out of.
I was there several weekends ago not knowing about their intentions. The entrance hall had extensive shelves with custom painted models representing area railroads. Especially interesting were many diesels which you can see in Scranton/Wilkes-Barre area, pretty cool stuff. I'm a steam era guy and most of my items are either second hand, or junk that needs to be put back together picked up at train shows😃.

Check a HUGE box off my "want list". I scored this pair of Nickel Plate brass MILW Boxcab electrics off BrassTrains for $450. Normally I only find these at stupidly high prices.

They need work, and that's fine. I think I'm up to the task.
IMG_20231001_110200406.jpg

Check a HUGE box off my "want list". I scored this pair of Nickel Plate brass MILW Boxcab electrics off BrassTrains for $450. Normally I only find these at stupidly high prices.

They need work, and that's fine. I think I'm up to the task.
View attachment 174747
That is awesome. I'm a sucker for Milwaukee electrification...well any North American electrification, but Milwaukee was one of the most interesting operations. The first tunnel out of Avery on what was the Rocky Mountain electric division
20230805_173456.jpg

Gotta a new used locomotive coming to me in a few days. The price was right....

Athearn Roundhouse GE AC4400CW UP 6417 Union Pacific patched ex-Southern Pacific 371 locomotive in HO scale, DCC and Loksound decoder; used but well taken care of; weathered and burn mark done per prototype pics. No ditch lights but I will add them later.

71ck5Kx5M8L._AC_SL1200_.jpgs-l1600 (3).jpgs-l1600 (1).jpgs-l1600 (2).jpgs-l1600.jpgIMG_6987.jpgUP 6417_04-05-2009.jpgUP 6417b_03-18-2009.jpgUP6417 AC44CW.jpgUP6417(X SP371).jpg

This arrived today, my second reefer, I'd never heard of Pemco and was surprised to learn that it was the shortest lived Model Train manufacturer, it's a nice unit, detail is not fantastic, but, you get what you pay for.

Pemco Reefer.jpg

Downside to this is the truck mounted couplings, I'm hoping I can body fit KD's, but I'm not sure if I'll have enough clearance, if not, I'll move the trucks back 1/2"

1696273153341.png

Back