Magilla’s first layout build.

I believe he's talking about where you have your overhead line marked out on the main plywood sheet. Where you have the blocks sitting for support of the overhead high-line trackage.

And, I'm pretty sure you're NOT going to cut that strip out of your main plywood sheet, but rather, either use a separate strip of plywood to support the high line trackage, or else truss and girder bridges to support it as shown in the book. Correct? ;)
You are correct, I’m done cutting.

You are correct, I’m done cutting.
Yes, that was what I was talking about. Marked in yellow. A friend of mine cut that strip out to put on top of the risers. Trying to save $5 of plywood costs. It was a mess on several counts.
1674742256532.png

Nothing to report today, we’re getting new flooring in The next week or so, I have to move everything out of the rooms, so I started getting ready for that. I have given this model a lot of thought and think I have figured out what I’m goin to do. Im also looking for a static grass applicator, any recommendation on one?

Ran the train a little bit today I can barely keep the cars I have on the track because of the crap wheels and trucks I think so what do I need to get to upgrade, wheels, trucks and couplers. and where do I get it. For the price of new cars I’m gonna have to upgrade the three I have. 😂😂

Nothing to report today, we’re getting new flooring in The next week or so, I have to move everything out of the rooms, so I started getting ready for that. I have given this model a lot of thought and think I have figured out what I’m goin to do. Im also looking for a static grass applicator, any recommendation on one?
We've been having a discussion about static grass on another thread, so have a look through, it may help.
Ran the train a little bit today I can barely keep the cars I have on the track because of the crap wheels and trucks I think so what do I need to get to upgrade, wheels, trucks and couplers. and where do I get it. For the price of new cars I’m gonna have to upgrade the three I have. 😂😂
Are you asking where to get replacement wheels and trucks, depending on what you want simply google them. BUT before you start paying out, can I ask what have you checked on the track, ie. is the track level in the places your loco has problems on? have you checked the wheel gauge on the trucks ? are there gaps between track pieces? are both sides of the track level on a join? all these can cause problems, and are simple fixes.

We've been having a discussion about static grass on another thread, so have a look through, it may help.

Are you asking where to get replacement wheels and trucks, depending on what you want simply google them. BUT before you start paying out, can I ask what have you checked on the track, ie. is the track level in the places your loco has problems on? have you checked the wheel gauge on the trucks ? are there gaps between track pieces? are both sides of the track level on a join? all these can cause problems, and are simple fixes.
the engine runs pretty good, one of the cars the wheels won’t stay in the holes the snap into.

Unfortunately, not all cars have wheelsets of the same length and end profile, so you'll need to examine what is on the car now and choose the same replacement style.
One thing that I would recommend is a Micro-Mark truck tuner:

Go easy when using it, though! It's easy to take off too much material, and there's no way to put it back on!
Generally, passenger cars and modern heavy duty cars have 36" wheels, most everything else will have 33" wheels. Measure the diameter you have now and multiply it by 87 to get the 1:1 ratio. If you don't have a digital calipers I would recommend getting one. They're not too expensive and make measuring small items much easier.

Back