Looks like Atlas's weekend gremlins have struck again...

JeffShultz

Stay off the tracks!
I wish I knew what the heck happens over there - are they getting hacked, is someone idiotically trying to update code and breaking things... what?

But this is what I get when I go there:

Provider error '80004005'
Unspecified error
/forum/inc_header.asp, line 116

But this is what I get when I go there:

Provider error '80004005'
Unspecified error
/forum/inc_header.asp, line 116
Don't know Jeff maybe they banned you :D I got there no problem, didn't log on though. Might have been an intermittant thing
Cheers Willis

There has been a lot of moaning in the N scale forums about them being super slow. I thought they were also, until I found even here was slow, and my own web site, turns out the teeenager was running his filesharing application (Limewire). I killed his wireless access, and boom, instant speed again. Needless to say, Limewire is firewalled :O

But I don't notice any speed issues over there. Don't know how busy the HO side is, but N can get pretty busy, not as bad as MR/Trains.com is.

I'll be darn. I was there about 20 minutes ago, I noriced that TrainBoard.com is down also, they have been up and down for the last week or so. I wonder if some of these outages aren't more internet related then website? Also the number of security issues that come with forums is terrible, I know when we had clients using messageboards/forums, it was a race to get all the security patches in before the hackers and script kiddies found the sites with forums and owned the site or the server. I don't envy their position on offering a free service to people, then have problems, then take the beating I see Atlas and other forums take when the members aren't happy.

I think that's why ModelRailroadForums is home for me, I have yet to see a rant against Bob or even the flames I see at other boards.

Good job Bob!!

Back