Looking for graffiti ideas?

your welcome, but those are not mine. i liberated them from a flickr page. I saw one of the E's about a year ago and saw the T (attached) in March 2011.

Last edited by a moderator:
i saved all the links to the sites for reference. I've got several cars on watch right now on ebay. Hoping to scoop some up cheap. I also got some pics on my own of a few cars i'de like to do.

im interested in seeing some of your projects. are any of the youtube vids your layout? hey, if you ever need prototype pix and are looking for a particular kind of era, car, artist or whatever let me know. I have been shooting graffiti on trains since 1986.

I just took these pics yesterday in Ennis, TX which is about 30 miles south of Dallas.
If you look at the close up you can see all of the important info on the car.
They put the info back on over the top of the graffiti and left the bulk of the graffiti on there.

Graffiti1.png

Graffiti2.png

im interested in seeing some of your projects. are any of the youtube vids your layout? hey, if you ever need prototype pix and are looking for a particular kind of era, car, artist or whatever let me know. I have been shooting graffiti on trains since 1986.

lol, no layout yet. no room in the apartment. just lots of projects that keep adding up.

I can understand the argument that grafitti is, sadly, a fact of life in many cities both in the US, Canada and here in the UK and that in the cause of accuracy, there is a legitimacy in reproducing it on models. Fine, do so if it represents the area and era you are modelling. When you reproduce your "authentic" grafitti, just remember how pleased the genetic mutant half wit, who vandalised railway property, will be to see his "tag" represented on your model railway.

The genetic half-wit's happiness really isn't our problem. We're not doing it for him. Personally, I find the logic of stop-doing-it-because-it-might-make-someone-happy a little troubling.

Besides, I rather prefer the public art style of vandalism to the beat-things-with-a-steel-pipe variety.

I can understand the argument that grafitti is, sadly, a fact of life in many cities both in the US, Canada and here in the UK and that in the cause of accuracy, there is a legitimacy in reproducing it on models. Fine, do so if it represents the area and era you are modelling. When you reproduce your "authentic" grafitti, just remember how pleased the genetic mutant half wit, who vandalised railway property, will be to see his "tag" represented on your model railway.

LOL What? Do you honestly think the person will give 2 s%^#s if he somehow stumbles onto a youtube video of a model train with a reproduction of what he did?

Back