Lehigh Valley GP9's consist video

OCMRRC Jeff

OCMRRC President/webmastr
I just got my LVRR GP-9's back from a friend who put in sound. They are numbers 302 and 303 and we consisted them. I decided to try a quick you tube video of them pulling a short frieght

[YOUTUBE]i6EsotF0h2k&feature=g-upl&context=G2a5766eAUAAAAAAABAA[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited by a moderator:
How do I get a you tube video to embed in the forum?

I tried using the YouTube button that wraps the text but I must be doing something wrong

GOT IT< did a search and found out how

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Jeff, still using a vintage computer here that runs on soft coal so vids take forever to see. I did watch about 25 seconds of it though. Sounds good! Guess I'll have to take a walk up the street and see them in person.

NH Mike,
Yes they sound even better in person. The BIG E train show is this weekend, I am agonizing over whether to go, there is also a gun show in Marlboro.

the Big E is usually too crowded on Saturday so if I go it would probably be Sunday. still not sure

Gun show on Sat and do the Big E on Sun with your new heater hanging on your hip. That will keep the crowd down in the building you are in at the time.

We're going Sat as it looks to be the better day weather wise. Sunday I'll be going to the bike show in Boston. Monday I'll be broke if its a good weekend.

Just found out My Dad's Trains is open again 1-5 7x a week. They will be at the show this weekend, but I want to get over there in a couple weeks

I am looking for WWII guns, especially a 1903A3 bolt action

NH Mike,
Yes they sound even better in person. The BIG E train show is this weekend, I am agonizing over whether to go, there is also a gun show in Marlboro.

the Big E is usually too crowded on Saturday so if I go it would probably be Sunday. still not sure

Oh come on, you know you want to go...:D

I was down in the workshop and found a bunch of detail parts.

What I need is an expansion kit for the Cornerstone roundhouse, the old style one. I want to rebuild mine into a 4 stall.

Beats me I was told they are GP9's, I will have to look for the box, or is the turbo charger part of the sound from the chip? I love trains but don't know that much about the different engines other than to say it is a diesel or a steam engine, at the Old Colony Model Railroad Club I am teased because I don't know the differences. Trains to me are like guns are to some people, they say a AR15 is an automatic when it is a gas operated semi-automatic, or it is a rifle when it is a bolt action 1903A3. Or it is an assault weapon when an assault weapon can be a golf club (anything you assault someone with).

So are these GP9's, or is the sound wrong?

Just talked to a friend of mine, Ernie from Ernie's Engines, he says he doesn't know why but he was researching turbo chargers
He found that EMD started experimenting with turbo chargers with GP7's (?) but definatly GP-9's and a least a couple (my Leigh Valleys LOL) were turbo charged but had non-turbo exhausts.

With Model trains I have found you can find a proto type for anything!

Besides it is my home layout where I do the "Conrail Transition Era" on the LV. however in order to justify my 12 Steam engines the owner of the LV has started a train musuem and he likes to run steam freights etc. ROFL

With Model trains I have found you can find a proto type for anything!

Besides it is my home layout where I do the "Conrail Transition Era" on the LV. however in order to justify my 12 Steam engines the owner of the LV has started a train musuem and he likes to run steam freights etc. ROFL

Totally agree. My RR is dated no later than mid 1960's and is New Haven and NH influenced. That does not stop me from running a GP60 demo unit or a GP38-2 or even a Y6b mallet. I even have an RS1325 of which there were only ever 2 built and neither ever rolled an inch into Southern New England. As for sound I have a set of Tenshodo factory painted NYC F7's that I added a Modeltronics sound system to in the early 1980's and I am using the turbo sound. No explanation or excuse offered. :p

Probably something in the water here Jeff? :confused:

If I get a chance I will try to get a link from the guy who did the set up and told me that he had found the turbo info, he thought it was Union Pacific

Back