Leaving the Hobby

Tasco26

Defendin Freedom Since 99
As the title says im leaving the hobby. As of right now the hobby is to slow for me. Im at a time in my life where i need action and/or a fast pace hobby. Thats why i pulled out my airsoft guns and resumed the sport. I know this is a brief see-ya later but i feel that this hobby is not for me at the moment. Maybe one day some years down the road, ill poke my head here again..

Thanks for everyones help and info on my question i had. You guys rock.

SGT Tasco signing off

Hate to see you go, good luck in your future endeavors. *salute* (From a Fmr Marine...)

Tasco:

Go out, climb your car, drive to the first motorcycle shop, sell your house (just if is necessary) to can buy a sports motorcycle, maybe a 1000cc kawa, ride the bike all day... then when you back home, you will need something to calm you down... well there you'll have your trains!!!

Good luck!!

Hey, Sarge, I left the hobby about five times over the years for other things including a year of playing handball every day. The trains will still be be here when you finally settle down>:)

Mike, if he sells the house to buy the bike, where will he put his train? :D

yeah, dont sell all your trains like i did and now if i could kick my self in the a$$ i would........ ryan

me and the rest of the guys will be waiting here for when you decide to return.

hope you get back into it sometime soon, it really is a great hobby, to me the best in the world.

Surely you will come back and I hope you do. I have walked away from it and came back. Usually during the month of May when their action over at the track taking a lot of my interest. I look at my layout and am like oh boring I want to see racecars hauling butt around the speedway, but once the Indy 500 ends for another year something gets in me. It trains, man! They are in my blood and I return and everybody is happy. Well maybe not my wife :D but there is nothing wrong with taking a break from it you know.

I left the Hobby at age nineteen, for the usual reasons - cars, women, college, lack of space. 15 years later I returned, haven't looked back since!

I'm like Ken - left it during high school and now getting back into it about 25 years later.

The thing about this hobby is it is so multi-faceted: if you like to se 'em go round, put track on a table. If you like the engine detail, you can just display the locos. If you like scenery, break out the Woodland Scenics. There's something for everyone. :)

Hope to see you back soon.

Mark

Back