LBF freight cars

tlark

I have seen a few of late on ebay that are RTR, anyone have any experience with them. Are they comparables to Athearn RTR's ? I doubt they compare to I-Mountain by the looks ut I just don't know. Anyone........Anyone.......

It depends on the car you are looking at. LBF made a very nice Trinity covered hopper, just as good as the Athearn Genesis version.

The rest of their line up is closer to Athearn BB then RTR. I have a bunch of their coal porters and some boxcars. All are nice models, but not highly detailed. The trucks are sometimes warped and may need replacing.

Hubert's now has all the LBF molds, and some of the cars are still available new through them. If Hubert's is still around, their web site was down last time I checked.

Hubert's went out of business! At least, that's what the discussion is saying on MFCL. They're saying that Walthers and Athearn bought some of the cars.

huberts had some nice stuff too. Its ashame they can't stay afloat and provide a nice product like there were.

Back