Layout Videos

Hey Chessie4155...

Not trying to change the subject or anything, but could you post some specs and maybe some pics of your layout/rolling stock? I really enjoy watching your videos and I am also very big into Chessie System, WM and Family Lines modelling. I'm trying to get some good ideas for my future layout and what locos everyone else is running. Thanks man! BTW, you're videos look great!

-Rich

Very impressive trains. I think you had some trains with more cars than would fit on my entire layout. :) You need to check you video camera settings though. It appears it's trying to do some automatic exposure adjustment as the colors of the cars change and it's kind of distracting. The focus seems to be off in some scenes and fine in others so I don't know what the deal is with that.

Hey Chessie, nice video and layout, I noticed though somethig wrong with that hopper, on movie time 2:27 mins, it was rocking, is it somethign wrong with the wheels or its too light and cannot be stable with all the cars it has to pull behind it?

Sorry its not better than it is, all I have to use is an EL Cheapo camera that shoots video and stills. Till funds are available for a better camera, this is about as good as it gets..as for the rocking its probably loose truck screws. Looks like I'll need to bad order them and have the car knocker check them out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chessie,
I like that Sperry Rail Services car. I always wanted one of those. You've certainly got your trackwork in good shape to be able to run those long trais without derailments.

Check the instructions that came with your camera. Mine also does video and you can switch it to manual settings instead of auto. Once you get the lighting right for scene, the camera won't be trying to change exposures on you based on changes in light caused by the passing cars. I think that's what's happening and it's usually fixable by using manual settings for exposure.

Very cool, Chessie, did you use stop action video to do that or what? I liked the cop doing the 180 in the center divider too. :)

It turns out that I had taken 143 pics , give or take a few, then added them altogether in Windows Movie Maker....I'm still learning.. it gets a little confusing sometimes, as to, did I move everything or not, for each shot..lol

Chessie,

ALL of your videos are WAY COOL!! If I may, could I may a couple of suggestions, & hopefully they will enhance the realism? With the trains, headlights & trackside signals need to be lit up. That would make it all the more better.

As for the highway movie, that was awesome!! Lets see you make like a car fire scene or a grass fire along the highway.

I hope you do not take what I'm saying in the wrong context as I can't even resize a picture to post on here. Keep up the excellent work!!

Really some great footage you have put together of your layouts all,keep up the good work.Maybe some day I will be able to have a layout to display with pride such as you all have!

Back