Layout progress

hamltnblue

Finally did a little more work on the re-do of the north end of the layout. This weekend we applied some base coat. Afterwords I got a little run time in.

Layout7102410.jpg

Layout3102410.jpg

Layout4102410.jpg

Layout1102410.jpg

Looks really good. What did you use for the rock formations? Newspaper with plaster strips? You did a great job on that!

Very nice!! What wll you be putting in that big open space?

Thanks. Not sure yet. I'll be letting my Son make that decision. Probably farmland or residential. The section is continuous with 2 small sidings. The industrial section is still intact on the south side over the bridge.

Looks really good. What did you use for the rock formations? Newspaper with plaster strips? You did a great job on that!

I just took newspaper a page at a time, dipped it in water and formed it along the edges. I wet it so it stays in place while I work, no tape necessary. It's then covered in a layer of plaster cloth. When the cloth is dry I applied very wet hydrocal with a brush to cover the small holes.

Layour progress!

Looks like you and your son are making very good progress, that's great. I'm sure he's thrilled that you and he are working together, these are memorable times he'll remember for a long time to come.

I guess the layout continues to the Left via lift outs, it looks like?

Make me envious I'm not farther along with mine so I'd better get to work on it, HA!

Take care.
David

Back