Keeping busy at home.

Good morning from the “Safer at Home” State of Wisconsin per the mandate. I have been retired since 9/2014 and found pretty damn quick staying at home and not going to work after being a work-alocholic was tough. I needed a schedule, not hour by hour but a plan for morning and afternoon. Had to get in the jeans and out of the sleep ware, but I know we are all different.

The biggest change I have made since the stay home mandate is I only spend time in the trainroom from 1 to 6. I found a couple weeks ago I was spending 8-10 hours and I had a 3 day burn out where I didn’t go in the room. My wife and I also have internet free time where the internet is shut down from 10am to 8pm 3 days a week. This also shuts off the TV because we stream everything. The hour Daily at the fitness center are now 2 mile walks if it’s not raining and starting this afternoon the walks are 30 minute out then turn around. Have a great and safe day.

TomO

I've been workin on a new set of modules for the modular club.
This is a set of modules that may end up to be over 80' long, in 4' sections.
It will be a classification yard on the mainline. Two tracks on the out loop side and 5 tracks on the inner loop side.
I will be able to use as many or as few sections as I want depending on the venue were we will be setting up.
An added feature will be a 10 degree turn from the straight away of the modules then another module to bring the yard back in line. A couple modules will have to be built for the opposite side of the layout to compensate for the offset of the 4' increments, sideways and length wise.
The end modules that will interface with the rest of the layout will be 6' long each. This will allow me to install the yard ladder and the turnouts from the mainline along with a crossover from right hand running to left hand running. The mainline turnouts are #8 while the yard turnouts are #6.
This differs from most other modules as they use #4 turnouts on the mainline and would prolly go #2 turnouts if available in the yards.

End Module 1 (2).jpg

End Module 2 (2).jpg

Last edited:
I need to spend more time working on the layout while the weather is still cool and wet. Once the weather improves I have several otdoor projects like pruning brushes, before they leave out and cleaning the garage. I like to try one of those spray "High Tech" car finishes that promise a showroom since. Plus I need to change the air filters in three behicles and the cabin filter in the Mrs. Rav4.

DJ: That's really a project at over 80 feet long.

Greg

Not quite home all of the time during this, working every other day. Started working on the garage again, hopefully sheet rock will go up in the next month. In the meantime on the workbench, started assembling these 3 AMTRAK P42's. Quite a few parts to them considering they are still a Blue Box kit.

20200406_135841.jpg

20200406_140306.jpg

Neat. I look forward to seeing pictures of the treasures.

it will be a few weeks before I can grt some othr things off of the honey do list, but will definitely post pics!!

Anything you wish to sell, make sure to post it here first.
I'm stuck at home for the third week in a row. I never thought I'd say this, but I'm ready to go back to work.

Actually, I am glad you reminded me of that! I probably won't sell anything right away because of sentimental value, but when I do, I would want it to go to people who would appreciate it

Been working on an Atlas RS-2 for a friend, installing sound. Had to get rid of the light board in order to fit a speaker in there. Replaced the stock LED headlights with white LEDs then mounted them in heat shrink tubing that was glued to the headlight sockets. I haven't downloaded the sound files from LoKSound yet. Will do that today.
Yeah, that horn is pathetic.

Back