Kato CR SD80MAC's

MGWSY

I was just trying to finish up some work so I worked on taking old decoders and light bulbs out of some Kato SD80macs and redoing them with LEDs. Here are the results. Then I have 4 more to do for a friend of mine.

DSC06791.png

DSC06794.png

DSC06793.png

DSC06795.png

DSC06796.png

DSC06797.png

Wich LED did you used ? i will have to redo the marker and ditch on my acela soon

Red LEDs I turned down on a lathe and the Warm White ones are just 3mm leds mounted to the board for the headlight and fiber optic strand for the ditch lights.

I realize I am late for the party but I have a couple of questions on the red markers. Are/were they used when the loco's were used as helper or on when the unit lead? Have you ever done red markers on an Athearn SD50/60 Mark?

I realize I am late for the party but I have a couple of questions on the red markers. Are/were they used when the loco's were used as helper or on when the unit lead? Have you ever done red markers on an Athearn SD50/60 Mark?

They were used on helpers and on last units of a light engine move. I have seen them used on leading engines too.

I have 6 standard cab SD50's to do markers on so that will be something I will take pics of once its complete.

Back