Jerome's Switcher Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just picked up my first switcher, an Athearn Baldwin S12. My plan is to install LEDs for the lights on either end, and install a decoder, but all of that has to wait until August's Greenberg show so I can get the parts I need; as well as the parts for my C44-9W and AC4400, which need the same work, but with sound.

Last edited by a moderator:
August is when the Greenberg show rolls through my area again, and I'll be able to get the parts easily. Including the S12, I have three Athearn 'Blue Box' engines I'd like to modify.

Looks nice Karl. You know, when we do a project of a rare model like this it is inevitable that the next release of one of the major importers will be a model of the loco we had just kit bashed or scratch built.

I have thoroughly enjoyed viewing this thread!

Does that mean Dr John has read the whole thread? I mean, wow, this thread is longer than War and Peace!

Paul,,,,you mean like when I repowered a Lionel FA,,and 6 months later Proto came out with them,,,,,then a year and a half ago I put a new frame, trucks and running gear under a Tyco 430C, and posted pics of it right before Bowser announced they were coming,,,,yeah,,I get it,,my house is bugged! :rolleyes:

Mwuahahahahahaa! A&P 51 Lives!!:cool:

Started out as an IHC all plastic model

Alco%20C415.JPG

Built a frame out of brass

chassis1.JPG

Driveline is out of a Walthers FA, added details, filled in the pilot, painted & decaled

C415%20006.JPG

C415%20001.JPG

:cool: cool eh? :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow Karl, that is a superb job you've done. The fine lettering really brings it to life.

@toot, what do you mean "is that an Alco"?

@hank, you might have missed the boat on that S2 but Altas is doing a retooled run of S-2's with a contemporary level of detail, new mechanism and loksound decoder. I'm not sure if they will do the road you want but there will be undecorated models in the run. Check it out:

http://www.atlasrr.com/HOLoco/hos2.htm

4th quarter of 2013 they say. I already have three Alcos but it is going to be hard to resist this new model.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back