Jerome's Switcher Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brad, those 3 are Athearn BB kits just detailed up. Also, look up Shell-Scale decals on ebay. He has great number board sets.

And a roster shot of Omaha Western's newest SW1500 #16.

100_1474.jpg

Very nice looking paint scheme!

Jamie, no, she's back in a box in the closet for now. I've been busy with the 3 SP SW's and then 8 or 9 of my own getting them completed and in the inventory. I have 47 others on the "to do" shelf right now!! LOL She might make an appearance this summer.

I have a new challenge for you. Continental Grain #219 started life as an SW1200.

cg-219.jpg

It now appears to be fitted with one hell of a muffler system.

cg-219_ba.jpg

And now goes by the road name TEMCO, sans ugly growth on its hood.

temco-219_rb.jpg

And the caption for the following pictures claims that in 2008 both SW1200s were dead on a siding. Actually look like they're in the same spot as the above picture.

01-bnsf-6785-sb-tacoma-wa-9-6-08.jpg

A dying breed indeed :(
________
FEMALE ADVICE ADVICE

Last edited by a moderator:
My best guess is the massive Mufflers are more for emissions than for noise. They might be a form of catalytic converter or some thing to comply with the areas EPA laws? Just a Guess????:confused: Either way it is a Radio controlled unit as well as it's brother and I second.... great Model to have on the layout!

My best guess is the massive Mufflers are more for emissions than for noise. They might be a form of catalytic converter or some thing to comply with the areas EPA laws? Just a Guess????:confused: Either way it is a Radio controlled unit as well as it's brother and I second.... great Model to have on the layout!

That wouldve been my second guess. A regular catalytic converter on a pickup is over $100, imagine what that one would cost.

I am thinking that it has to do with spark suppression and explosive environments like near grain silos or semi enclosed environments. Grain dust in the air at just the right mixture of air to dust can be very explosive and flammable. Just my guess and the fact that they are used in a grain service.

I could be completely off course here.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back