I've had it with HO, I'm switching to G!(photo intensive)

Secondhandmodeler

All new now!
I've decided to scrap my HO layout in favor of a more realistic G scale setup. With doing this, I've gained sound! I can even use trees from my back yard! I have a tunnel(coffee table), and snow covered grasslands(frieze carpet). I even have a lake(tree stand)! What do you guys think? Is my tree to scale? The best part is being able to have my trains in the living room!

PB290073.png

PB290074.png

PB290075.png

PB290076.png

PB290077.png

PB290078.png

PB290080.png

I just want to make sure my wife and daughters don't see such incredible modeling or I'm going to have to start laying track in the living room. :)

The cats are pretty good about it. I asked the wife if I could get more track to run it around the room. I received an enthusiastic NO! I laugh, because she is the one who bought it for me. This train was actually the catalyst for me to dig out the old HO trains earlier this year.

Ahhh, I just saw it in the Walther's sale flier. Thus why I asked.
I've seen that set. It's the same as mine without the extras. My LHS has it for $160. I have to tell you, I was surprised at how much this thing costs. That much money represents a third of my entire HO spending so far.

I've got a couple of these sets - my mom bought one off QVC many moons ago and I picked up another one at a family reunion auction. Nasty plastic track though - battery powered engines.

I'm not quite up to stealthily replacing it piece by piece with real G Scale equipment... my wife knows just enough to notice.

Back