Independence (and Canada) Day Photo Fun

UP2CSX

Fleeing from Al
OK, I'll start if off this time. :)

The 1180 is getting a fillup from the local Texaco dealer, the P&N being too poor for anything like a fuel tank. President and CEO Bubba is contemplating the fact that the 1180's cab is to big to fit in the engine house.

1170Fillingup.jpg

What a better way to spend the Holiday weekend than fishing. Looks like the youngster may have gotten himself one.

FishingontheFourth.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, you got some great stuff....great scenes set up, James. :D

Here is my image of the week....an H-8 Allegheny rumbles into Senec Sub.

IMG_5176csharadj.png

Good stuff so far.
Some newly acquired items:

A KCS covered hopper. I think the maker is AccuRail.
DSCN1510.jpg

A 50 foot plug/sliding door BN boxcar, Athearn RTR.
P7011480.jpg

The M.T. Arms Hotel from DPM. This will be cut in half along it's long axis to make two relief flats.
DSCN1517.jpg

Crandell That concrete platform looks as if someone took a few chunks off of it over time---great looking work!!

Jeff the building does look OLD--like the looks!

Grampy That ALCO can be heard hammering away there too!!

i'll be spending my time working 0630-1430, and hopefully no later. Answering 911 calls and such and in the down time working on my models :)

Hot gases ignite at the charging door while, head melter, Stan Lesinsky readies another bucket of scrap iron to charge the cupola furnace

bucket.png

Crandell, that's a mighty fine looking steam engine. I agree about the spalled concrete, very realistic looking.

DJ, You always have such good lighting and sharp pictures. I've been trying my wife's super duper 9 megapixel camera and it takes much worse pictures than my older Kodak 4 megapixel job. I can't set F stops or anything, just pick out a scene type from a menu and hope it gets it right.

Good work this week, Jeffrey.

B&S, just looking at that picture makes me feel hot. :) Great job on the model and special effects.

Since it's the Fourth, there's always a few guys who don't know when to say no. Buford was coming out of the feed mill after a few brewski's with the boys and managed to get the pickup smashed into the railroad grade. I took the photo with his junker in front of the fire truck to save him the embarrassment. Managed to puncture the gas tank so the tanker is washing it down. Traffic is starting to back up although, in Hillside, it's kind of hard to tell. :D

TheWreck.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice pictures everyone. I could take a picture of glue drying, but you can watch Nascar all on your own! Just kidding, my wife is a Nascar fan.

Crandell, I'm increasingly looking to your photos to look for realistic modeling. I still love your dirt!

Grampy, Every time I pull up one of your pictures my wife says, "wow, that's neat!" This is coming from a girl who still tends to make fun of my hobby. I think she's starting to come around. Thanks for the help.

Jeffrey, I'm watching to see how this hotel progresses. I'll be using two of those kits to build a square building with a smaller, square, courtyard in the middle. Yours is the first I've seen in progress. It certainly looks old!

Jim, your pictures remind me that I'll never truly be finsihed with my layout. The amount of layers of detail is amazing in your pictures.

Bread&steel, It looks like a scene out of dirty jobs!

I'm off to the lake!

Jim The road surface looks just like the street not too far from here. The only difference being the coloration---somehow the street here ended up a pale pink colour. Love the concrete surface there as well. :):)

Jeffery, that is some of the best work you've done. I should make a great background building when you get it cut up.

Corey, some guys like lots of track. I like adding one more piece of detail. :)

BOC, thanks, I enjoy making roads. Concrete is a neat surface to reproduce because it can range all the way from almost white to dark red depending on the type of aggregate. For modeling puroses, asphalt roads are much easier to model but vehicles and details tend to disappear into the darker color.

Cute little engine, John. :) I like the realistic cuts you made in the lawn when you laid the track.

Well, I hope you guys are ready for a bunch of pictures. This is a layout that I am almost done building for a client. It is a Marklin HO scale plan that is 13'x17'

I'll show some day time stuff first.

This is the factory area.
100_4208.jpg

sorry about the blurry image.
100_4209.jpg

100_4210.jpg

Moving on to the station.
100_4211.jpg

100_4212.jpg

Around the yard and engine service area.
100_4214.jpg

100_4213.jpg

A speeding passenger train going by.
100_4251.jpg

100_4252.jpg

100_4253.jpg

Some of the river and bridge area.
100_4217.jpg

100_4216.jpg

100_4215.jpg

There's a lot more to come...

I have been continuing around the corner from the farm to the Team Track by the Freight Depot.

TeamTrack03w.png

Wider view:

TeamTrack01w.png

I Also put together this Tomar Horse Drawn Farm Wagon this week. The team is actually from some other horse drawn equipment now set over by the shed. I love the Tomar kits, but are a bit of work.

TeamTrack02w.png

Bird's eye veiw of the same:

TeamTrack05w.png

And an overview of the entire area.

TeamTrack04w.png

I am about 80% done with this scene. Just needs a lot more small details, people, and frieght.

Back