In Celebration of the CSX.

. . .Ken, I see CSX6012 head on and as it passed, but there's also one of a meet with it and CSX 2522. Were these taken the same day? . . .

Sure 'nuff Eric - within the same 2 minutes to be exact!:D

The train led by 6012 was parked on the passing siding when I got there, I had just climbed out of my car and snapped that shot of #2520, and was walking ~30ft from the r-o-w, when suddenly I heard the blast of a 5-chimer. I barely had enough time to point and focus my camera as #2522 and its train came barrelling thru! After it went by, I got some shots of #6012. (I never walked or stood directly on the ballast to get any of these shots. The ones that appear close were 'zoomed'-into.)

IMPORTANT SAFETY LESSON here:
Never stand too near - let alone on - 'unoccupied' tracks when photographing trains!
:eek:

Csx

It sure is words to the wise Ken l. Had to include this since were on the topic. It was in my local paper today .

I've been seeing allot about the "problems" though its always been pointed out to me, that they could be as simple as a bent handrail.

Love that last shot René. :cool:

Ken, Most folks don't believe a freight train can "sneak up" on you. I learned long ago that a train gliding downgrade can surprise you in a hurry!

As for your comments on railfanning, it can be some fast action at times!

Paul, I hate the the CSX is getting such bad press. I'm not sure if any of it is substantial of not. Any time I see Chucky Schumer hogging the spotlight on an issue, the red flag goes right to the top of the pole.

2391NB%201.JPG

grandeman,
What's the chord running alongside the engines?

-Smoke

electric extension cord??? LOL ummm really what are u talking about? and where? I see the cable on the guard rail....

electric extension cord??? LOL ummm really what are u talking about? and where? I see the cable on the guard rail....

Oops it was the guard rail I was seeing. I thought I had missed something major but............

Yes indeed, excellent idea for a thread. Somebody started a CSX photo thread across the street ~ 2 years ago, it grew pretty long until a number of CSX-bashers jumped in and ruined it

Yes indeed, excellent idea for a thread. Somebody started a CSX photo thread across the street ~ 2 years ago, it grew pretty long until a number of CSX-bashers jumped in and ruined it

I guess ya'll have figured out by now that I like taking railfan pics. ;) I agree though that proto pic threads are great. How can you model if you don't have a decent handle on the prototype? Besides, looking at train pics is great entertainment. :cool:

Hey, I am really enjoying this fellows. Keep it up!;) :)
OK Rex, here's some more fer ye! :D

This SD40-2 I snapped at Rougemere Yard during a trip to Detroit, it has a story behind it (look at the number) - anyone care to guess what I'm talking about? (Sorry about the poor photo quality, it was before my 'digital' days)
sd40-2_CSX8888.jpg

The daily "trash train":

CSX_5255_trash_train.jpg

CSX_8763_trash_train.jpg

Weed train:
CSX_B36-7_5859.png

Yet another meet:
meet__csx7917_and_5859.png

Back