In Celebration of the CSX.

Great pics Ken. Tell us the story behind CSX 8888.

From yesterday, UP power on the CSX. Sorry for the shadows. Prime time for this spot is noon and we were running late. :eek:
7666IMG_0848.JPG

9777IMG_0853.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I got lucky while driving home from work...

...and managed to snag this:

CSX_758_at_woodstock_02.jpg

CSX_758_at_woodstock_03.jpg

One of the very FEW times I've seen a train headed by a widenose that was not GE! :D

Those are some clean looking shots, Ken. The power company might want to rethink their pole placement though...:D

Yeah, that's the one drawback with this location: clutter. The only way to get any unobstructed view of these trains - without trespassing - is to stand in this one tiny area.

Grandeman, you should start posting some of the roster shots on Locophotos.com. I know Stan is getting more picky, but...

Grandeman, you should start posting some of the roster shots on Locophotos.com. I know Stan is getting more picky, but...

I'll check into that, Josh. It will be a while before I can justify it, but I'm looking to get some new glass for the XTi. Hopefully, that will allow me to capture some really clean images for uses like that.

Aaaarrrhhhh! The wiener dogs at image bee shut down and nuked some of my pics in this thread. :rolleyes:

Here's a few new shots from Black Creek at lunch.
Northbound_at_Black_Creek.JPG

IMG_1156.JPG

Nice boxcar Paul. :)

Here's a couple from a Garden City meet yesterday. If you'd like a full size view, click the thumbnail and the photo it links to.

Southbound train in the hole. I got to talk with the conductor while we waited on the opposing train. There are some great folks working for the CSX. :cool:
IMG_1173.d57.th.jpg

Hotshot northbound comin on strong. Check out the conductor...
Garden%20City%20NB.th.jpg

IMG_1215.c89.th.jpg

CSX544.th.jpg

Wonder where the trains are...
Hirailer.th.jpg

Nice work guys. Alco, I like the people aspect in your track crew pics.

Here's two from Garden City last night.

IMG_1815.JPG

IMG_1824.JPG

A few new CSX photos...

Colorful consist in Birmingham.
IMG_2521.JPG

Mainline action near Garden City
IMG_2395.JPG

Playin with the photo editor...;)
IMG_2272.JPG

GRANDEMAN that overpass shot near downtown is AWESOME!

Thanks Josh.

How would you like to be in charge of stocking touch up paint for that consist? :D :D :D Guess that's why some of the locals call it the rainbow RR.

As a side note on that image, the smoke stack to the left of the shot was part of Alabama Power's generating system that was once used to power Birmingham's street cars.

Back