I know April Fools Day is coming soon, but,

They are also making DRGW and a couple other roads. I should sue them, I had the idea first.:D lol

IMG_6946.jpg

Smoke, you'd better lay low or the UP will be coming after you for a licensing fee. :) Athearn used to paint engines in just about any paint scheme regardless of if the prototype ever had it. They've been trying to become more focused on only releasing engines in the appropriate paint scheme lately so I'm actually a little surprised to see another fantasy engine. Maybe the CSX is starting a legacy paint campaign and we haven't heard about it yet. :D

Is that thingy with the up still going on???? I remenber when it first began,out here at a few the local shows they had 55 gal drums set up for ppl to dump there up stuff in and then they would crash it all,you know what I say to the up 'NUTS":rolleyes:
Larry

I wonder if that gal that sued Micky D's is related:rolleyes:

Along with the Cheesie and D&RGW, they are also releasing units in Milwaukee Road and Western Pacific. They may be fantasy units but, they look pretty good and they'll add a little fun factor to a collection or layout. I may have to look into one of the D&RGW units myself.

I remenber when it first began,out here at a few the local shows they had 55 gal drums set up for ppl to dump there up stuff in and then they would crash it all

Okay, you're kidding about that... right?
I wonder how many people would actually give up their goodies!
At the risk of sounding gullible I can see the legal eagles doing that!

Karl,

I guess Bill C. will be adding a few of those to his collection, ya think? :D If he had you paint him a slug in Chessie, I'm sure he'll go for this as well...

I love this idea. But it kinda takes away from modelers who try to keep the memory of there favorite lines going using modern equipment when a manufacturer does it.

Now if they do the Erie Lackawanna im going to be super pissed. Been putting idea's together to do this to the E-L with Dash 9's and some SD70M's. And also thought about the Centrail Railroad of NJ.

Okay, you're kidding about that... right?
I wonder how many people would actually give up their goodies!
At the risk of sounding gullible I can see the legal eagles doing that!

I wish I was:eek: most of it was what I call 5 dollor runners it was done more to get a point across then anything eles:D and it was alot of fun to :D

Well, it looks like someone at Athearn has been paying attention to all the guys painting modern engines in fallen flag colors. At least they label them as fantasy locomotives. It does give a chance to guys modeling fallen flags that don't have the skills to paint or decal to get a modern engine for the line.

This is probably something thats carrying over from the T55 acquisition, seeing as how the fantasy es44 units from them went flying off the shelves.:cool:

the more i think about the more I get annoyed. The companys always seem to represent the western roads more, excluding that chessie unit. But how about an Erie Lackawanna or just Erie ac4400, or a Jersey Central, B&O, Reading, Lehigh Valley.

the more i think about the more I get annoyed. The companys always seem to represent the western roads more, excluding that chessie unit. But how about an Erie Lackawanna or just Erie ac4400, or a Jersey Central, B&O, Reading, Lehigh Valley.

Especially the E-L and the Reading ones---there's hardly ANYTHING from those two--

Back