HO Buckeye Trucks

slopes09

I remember seeing and reading a thread relating to these a while back. However, since this deals with some new topics, I figure I'll start a new thread.

First off, does anyone know if Eastern Car Works Roller bearing Truck kits are available anywhere? I can't seem to track them down, as they're out of stock everywhere. I'm going to make one or two calls, but it ain't looking good.

I've seen some of the Precision Scale Trucks, but I don't want the full assembly, as I need 3 pairs of them for my Schnabel Car.

I've also seen some cheaper Precision Scale Buckeyes, does anyone have any experience with those.

Lastly, does anyone know what the Athearn Buckeyes are like, namely, are they friction or roller bearing?

Thanks,
-Mike

can't remember what the athearns are. i have 2 pair and a pair from a bachman hd well car. Greenway products has 2 types of buckeyes but i dont know what the difference is between the 2.

I've seen some of the Precision Scale Trucks, but I don't want the full assembly, as I need 3 pairs of them for my Schnabel Car.

I've also seen some cheaper Precision Scale Buckeyes, does anyone have any experience with those.

Lastly, does anyone know what the Athearn Buckeyes are like, namely, are they friction or roller bearing?

Thanks,
-Mike

Mike,

Precision Scale currently offers only one type of buckeye truck. And its a brass kit. There are no other listings on the site, or in their catalogs. They do have roller bearings. At almost $20 bucks a pair, I wouldn't call them cheap. (Insert bagpipe skrill here!)

The Athearn Buckeyes I have are friction bearing. I checked the Athearn site, and the friction bearing appear to be the only ones they offer. But at $3 bucks a pair, and being jet black, they could do in a pinch until you find something more appropriate.

Back