Getting into some HO fun

Hey, all,

Glad to be here! I'm a life-long railfan from central Iowa, and while I don't have a layout of my own, I've always loved model railroads, plan on building my own after I graduate from college, and run/work on my club's HO scale layout for now. Big fan of the Chicago and North Western as the UP's ex-CNW main runs right through the heart of my hometown and the town I'm in for my education. Nice to meet you all!

Welcome to the forum! Although I model the Burlington Route primarily, I rode the 400's back in the late 1950's, and commuter "dinkies" from Downtown Chicago to the northern suburbs for many years. I can remember when those commuter trains consisted of ancient 4-6-0's and 4-6-2's which broke down every time you looked at them. Finally, Ben Heineman junked them all and replaced them with diesels and bi-level "push-pull" cars. Engine led out of the Deaborn Street station, and the cab-equipped bi-level led inbound. Last time I was in the area, the green-and-yellow bi-levels had been replaced with well-weathered stainless steel bi-levels that looked like they came from the BNSF commuter trains to the northwest suburbs! Have fun!

Welcome aboard !
beers.gif

Back