General consensus on track wiring?

OCN Guy

What's the general consensus about track wiring? How many of you use Terminal Joiners to power all of your track, and how many of you do the Andy Sperandeo thing and solder feeder wires directly to the track?

I don't really think it's just an Andy thing, but I solder mine.
I must have missed an article or something?

He actually never really talked much about it in an article, but on the film about their home layouts, he mentioned he prefers this method as he doesn't like relying on rail joiners to provide contact electrically.

I did my whole layout w/track connectors w/soldered drops every 4ft. Just in the last week or so I have been finding dead spots on my layout & in those area's I have been soldering the tracks together. Then today I found some more dead spots. So, will be doing some more soldering soon. All of my friends solder all of their tracks & told me to do the same & I didn't listen to them. Now, I know why.

I solder my feeders. I leave several expansion gaps in sliding non-soldered joiners, but curves are soldered.

-Crandell

I soldered my feeders to the bottom of the track joiners, and soldered those track joiners to the track. It makes it so difficult to see the place where the feeders are soldered that I had to mark the nearest cross tie so I could find them easier.

I soldered my feeders to the bottom of the track joiners, and soldered those track joiners to the track. It makes it so difficult to see the place where the feeders are soldered that I had to mark the nearest cross tie so I could find them easier.

I'll test that and see how that does... a little nervous about soldering wiring to N scale track and trying not to melt ties.:eek:

Back