G-A-P Jr. Railroad

Today was a disaster I went to schedule my knee replacement with orthopedic today mentioned what was going on with my new hip replacement going for bone scan in the morning because it may have come loose if it did I'm starting all over and I told him consider himself fired!!

That doesn't sound good at all. Don't blame you at all for looking elsewhere for further procedures. Good luck.

I have to have both hips and both knees replaced I'm not gonna do revisions it's gona be what it is to much going on

There office called yesterday and I'm pissed there is a issue from what I could get out of the lady that called she wouldn't give me much info over the phone I he wants to discuss it with me Monday morning this is ridiculous after just a year and I told him something didn't feel right all along

I would also look into an attorney Will. There have been many recalls on some hip and knee implants lately, and I do, as a retired Operating Room RN, highly recommend that you do have legal representation on hand.

I have checked there is no recall on my replacement yet and if there is a issue it's because of poor installation I'm thinking especially since it hasn't felt right since it was installed

But I will give the benefit of doubt he is the top orthopedic surgeon in north Alabama and anything can happen I won't find out anything more till Monday morning

After today's visit with orthopedic surgeon I'm starting over complete redo on a year old brand new hip replacement the 2 why this happened answers was #1 infection possibly #2 my continued bad luck for explanation and I was actually asked if I could live with the stem twisting back and forth in my femur bone

Yes I am but this is ridiculous I understand revisions happen but not one year after surgery on a implant that is not up for recall is pure negligence on the surgeons side I think

The implant is fine the stem is loose that goes in the femur bone and is twisting back and forth in the bone I don't know what there plan is yet I been waiting on a phone call about emergency surgery from results from a blood test on Monday that they had the results for since Monday evening the surgeon hasn't reviewed them as of now I'm about feed up with his butt

Cj I doubt it would do any good only make my life more difficult I would have to prove negligence and that wouldn't be easy against one of the top recommended orthopedic surgeon s in north Alabama

Well here is a update my surgeon finally called today didn't get any results from that blood test I even asked do to his schedule he wants to do the revision surgery in the fall and just when things couldn't get worse I spent about 600 bucks getting my central ac in tip top shape Friday and it exploded yesterday and took my outside breaker box and street light out with it I was like yes finally get back in the train room and do some work but that's short lived idea now just trying to stay cool in 2 rooms of the house

Wanted to drop in and say hi to everyone it's been awhile!!! The layout has set idle for a while now and I'm feeling the urge to get back at it only problem is I'm week 5 learning to walk again after a very complicated knee replacement after I manage to get around better I want to start again I hate incomplete projects especially one that takes up alot of my house

Been doing some thinking since I never got around to really finish track design I was working on a yard I don't see the need for it considering I just want to run my trains and the 10,12,15 foot sideings off the Mains with single branches to industry's is all I need plenty of parking without having a yard that dead ends and basically useless to me

Nice to see you back on the forum. Le's hope you get back to normal soon so you can get working on your trains.

Back